Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 9:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
I'm more than tolerably good at cooking, as well.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Shrimp aqnd grits? What do you cook?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 6, 2016 at 4:31 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I'm more than tolerably good at cooking, as well.

Feed me paella, and I shall indulge your every whim.

Even more so than usual, I mean.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I mean...that's a pretty open-ended question.

I don't make anything with shrimp because I don't like shrimp. If I were to cook with it, it would be for someone who wanted it.

I can cook just about anything I set my mind to and have the equipment for. I've made French macarons and southern buttermilk biscuits and Thai soups and Jewish breads and kugels. I can make a chocolate raspberry cake that will send you straight into the hospital for "the diabeetus."

I think if he were to fly over here, especially at this time of year, I'd make my favorite fall dish: seared spiced pork medallions with apples and shallots in a cider reduction.
Not exactly a photo, more like my phone's screenshot Tongue

Anyway, the story is this app picks up the sound from the mic and does an FFT on that, at some 20 per second or so... when stacked up (in this case, the stacking happens from right to left) you can produce what is called a spectrogram. At the bottom, we have the lowest sound frequencies, at the top, we have the highest ones.
This was me going through all the notes I can play on my kid's recorder (or, as we call it, flute). Starting at C (Do) and going on up to D in the next octave (I kinda messed up the last two Angel)

[Image: Screenshot_2016-10-05-21-06-38_radonsoft...gi3tka.png]

Feel free to geek out with me! (or look at me funny, as if I'm a weirdo)
(October 6, 2016 at 4:38 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Feed me paella, and I shall indulge your every whim.

Even more so than usual, I mean.

I'd indulge you. You'd be working for your supper, after all.
I'm enjoying my biscuit pudding. But I need to make an apple pie.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
We've reached the point in the year when I start wearing a LOT of black and consider moving to the Southern Hemisphere.

[Image: 14494770_10153760013377653_8140461878169...e=586C44EB]
(October 6, 2016 at 5:08 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: We've reached the point in the year when I start wearing a LOT of black and consider moving to the Southern Hemisphere.

[Image: 14494770_10153760013377653_8140461878169...e=586C44EB]

I keep telling you guys...
Come to Lisbon.
It's now getting colder... today's max temp was a chilly 23C (~73F), but sunny enough for me to wear shorts and a t-shirt and still be ok. Wink

Not so long from now, around the 11th of November, we'll have what's called the Summer of Saint Martin, when we eat chestnuts like we've been waiting for all year... and the temperatures return to the nice 20-ish degrees Celsius.... then, Fall starts.
In January, we get Winter... cold, like max 12C (53F) max during the day, and a bit of rain - some days it so much rain that people seem to forget how to drive... but most of the time, it's just a couple of showers. February is wet, too...... then March gets sunny again... April goes back into wet territory and May sees the start of Summer! Big Grin
So, in practice, we get Summer from March to October.... the perfect place for "thesummerqueen" Angel
Lisbon isn't much different from here.

It's not just the temps. It's the darkness.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131268 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 320 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 777 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1433 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2157 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2742 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one