Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 2:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
Now that's one happy dog!

Go jump on the bed.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Meditation

[Image: 32369965101_ce28b7c67b_z.jpg]

Something seasonal

[Image: 24302108740_ec07eda330_b.jpg]

[Image: 23840483881_efa5e5efc3_b.jpg]
(February 11, 2017 at 4:15 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Hehe was Heidi not having any of that?

Well, only because I leave her at home when he has work to do.  He needs it more and I give her a walk around the neighborhood after.  She can't be off leash there because she wouldn't leave passing bikes alone.  ;(

(February 11, 2017 at 4:56 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Now that's one happy dog!

Go jump on the bed.

After he jumps in the creek of course.  His hair is pretty thin and comes clean easily and dries fast.
(February 12, 2017 at 12:14 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(February 11, 2017 at 4:15 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Hehe was Heidi not having any of that?

Well, only because I leave her at home when he has work to do.  He needs it more and I give her a walk around the neighborhood after.  She can't be off leash there because she wouldn't leave passing bikes alone.  ;(

(February 11, 2017 at 4:56 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Now that's one happy dog!

Go jump on the bed.

After he jumps in the creek of course.  His hair is pretty thin and comes clean easily and dries fast.

Bikes huh, we had the same problem with Nico and cars.
(February 12, 2017 at 8:22 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(February 12, 2017 at 12:14 am)Whateverist Wrote: Well, only because I leave her at home when he has work to do.  He needs it more and I give her a walk around the neighborhood after.  She can't be off leash there because she wouldn't leave passing bikes alone.  ;(

Bikes huh, we had the same problem with Nico and cars.

I have that problem with my husky too except it's also with cats, squirrels, other dogs, people, a leaf that was too loud, a plastic bag, trash cans...
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Heidi gave me a scare yesterday. We were hiking at Fort Funston yesterday when a jogger came over the top of a rise very quickly and was beside us before I could control Heidi. She leaped toward him and reared up which freaked him out. I put her on leash the rest of the way but now it seems anything moving faster than a walk is on her "must herd to a stop" list. The weird thing is she loves strangers -if they're not moving on a bike or running. Everyone is welcome to pat her. In fact, if they stop, she'll use her long nose to hook their hand back into service. Hell she might love them when they're moving too but she needs to make them stop. Thankfully Smoke doesn't have this same instinct toward them, at least not yet.
(February 12, 2017 at 10:22 am)Whateverist Wrote: Heidi gave me a scare yesterday. We were hiking at Fort Funston yesterday when a jogger came over the top of a rise very quickly and was beside us before I could control Heidi. She leaped toward him and reared up which freaked him out. I put her on leash the rest of the way but now it seems anything moving faster than a walk is on her "must herd to a stop" list. The weird thing is she loves strangers -if they're not moving on a bike or running. Everyone is welcome to pat her. In fact, if they stop, she'll use her long nose to hook their hand back into service. Hell she might love them when they're moving too but she needs to make them stop. Thankfully Smoke doesn't have this same instinct toward them, at least not yet.

I went hiking yesterday in an area that specifies dogs on leashes because Zero can be aggressive and while I know I can control him on his leash I don't trust other dogs coming up to him where they can't be pulled apart and me in the middle holding the leash. Sure enough this German Shepard mix was off leash and not listening and came right up to him. Luckily Zero was being good and just wanted to play while my bffs 16lb corgy got mad and snapped at the Shepard for then getting in his face. Granted Taz is tiny and couldn't do much damage it would have been different if Zero got in the mix.

Also now that he turned three someone isn't a puppy anymore so he gets to carry his own luggage. Zero carried his own water dish on our hike yesterday... He is growing up so fast! *tear* Tongue
[Image: 20170211_165652.jpg]
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Fortunately Heidi likes other dogs but mostly just defers to them, not wanting any trouble. We go to a large off-leash dog park all the time and she is used to being approached by other dogs. She just doesn't initiate those encounters herself, unless the other dog is an un-neutered male. I think she is mostly shy or at least conflict avoidant. Then she'll frisk and flirt like there is no tomorrow. She likes them big, young and uncut.
Niko and Lexy just left for herding. Lexy is going to get some large stock exposure time also.
Member Photos
My son has had many hair styles. These are my favorite. The jade color is my own work. Smile

[Image: a0ec49c7aa612bf9467778c61d4362a0.jpg]
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131167 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 292 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 762 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1428 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2152 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2737 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one