Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 2:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
(October 14, 2017 at 6:03 pm)Joods Wrote: You all are gonna make me cry. I'm not used to getting compliments. 

As promised elsewhere - Homecoming pictures. 

Pardon my kitchen but it's lived in and we like living in our house. Here is Savannah helping Travis. Sorry about the light in the background. I tried to cover it up as creatively as I could. 

Travis (my son) and his boyfriend Alex. Savannah did Travis' make up. His hair is growing out so I had to fight with it, but I think the black hose look really good with his dress. I loaned him my shawl since it's chilly out. 

All three of them: Travis, Savannah and Alex

I really hope they have fun tonight. Savannah's Homecoming is next Saturday.

Very cute. I think you are right, the hose look good with that dress. I also like that his necklace matches Alex's tie.

(October 16, 2017 at 10:17 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Chemo Day #4

Painted some bears while I was there (And used the wrong colors)

And got a present from my mom: urine sample cups I can use for my watercolor rinse cups! Bwahahahaha!!!

Very pretty picture. I agree with Whatevs that the turquoise is a nice touch. Gives it a bit of pop. I hope you are feeling as well as you can be right now.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
[Image: 37024723254_6a663fe98b_n.jpg]

And got a present from my mom: urine sample cups I can use for my watercolor rinse cups! Bwahahahaha!!!

You're looking really good. 

Nosey nellie has to ask, does day #4 = treatment #4?

Learned something new, looks like you're a ka-nitter also. Cool.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

[Image: 37685885196_be333f2b01_n.jpg]

[Image: 37702291402_a8e3c8bf78_n.jpg]

Oh, please, please, please turn those in to the lab. :bambieyes:
(October 16, 2017 at 10:17 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Chemo Day #4

Looking good, and that's a seriously good watercolor. Actually a genius way to pass the time...

Question: do those chairs suck? They look like the ones I sat in for dialysis, and even though they looked comfortable they were not good for your back.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

I like this pic! I paint, too. As long as it's only one color, I'm an ace.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 14, 2017 at 6:03 pm)Joods Wrote: You all are gonna make me cry. I'm not used to getting compliments. 

I know the feeling, so from one sensitive soul to another,
[Image: giphy.gif]

(October 16, 2017 at 10:32 am)Whateverist Wrote: Are there really any wrong colors?  I like the bit of turquoise the best.

The "wrong" colors happened because I'm trying not to use the yellow in that painting because it's a favorite and has officially been discontinued by the manufacturer.  As in, I went out and panic-bought 5 tubes of it so I wouldn't run out.  I was planning on using a deeper brown-gold color which I was going to do another color study with but then I went home and slept for 48 hours so... Tongue

(October 16, 2017 at 10:54 am)mh.brewer Wrote: You're looking really good. 

Nosey nellie has to ask, does day #4 = treatment #4?

Yes, chemo day #4 = treatment #4 of 6 so I'm 2/3 of the way there!  AWHOO-HOO-HOO!!!!  The only thing better would be if my last chemo day were before thanksgiving (my favorite holiday) rather than the day after, but I'm not going to pick nits right now.  Three weeks recovery and then I'll be down to the final countdown!

Quote:Learned something new, looks like you're a ka-nitter also. Cool.

I knitted the hat i'm wearing in the photo, but the yarn sitting on the table is actually my mom's - she's knitting a series of fairy tale dolls - Puss in Boots, the Seven Dwarves, the Ugly Step Sisters which are so freaking adorable...  She just took out a book from the library on knitting zombies with interchangeable body parts!  (See what kind of family I have to work with? Heart )

(October 16, 2017 at 11:01 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Oh, please, please, please turn those in to the lab. :bambieyes:

Devil

Depends on the nurse I get the next time I go in. Wink  One of them would totally be up for it.  I'm actually going to make a print of one of my paintings for her for the last day I have chemo since she liked it so much.  Thinking of doing it for all my nurses, but I need to be more prolific than I am right now so they don't all get the same thing... Undecided

(October 16, 2017 at 11:09 am)Aegon Wrote: Question: do those chairs suck? They look like the ones I sat in for dialysis, and even though they looked comfortable they were not good for your back.

Meh, they can be a little bit too squashy.  This last time was the first time I used the recliner part of it (the leg-lifter, not just the lean-backer) and it wasn't bad.  Honestly, I try to keep myself occupied enough that I don't notice what I'm sitting in, and I feel bad for my mom, who comes with me to all my treatments, who has to sit in those terrible plastic chairs next to me.  But she doesn't complain.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
There's a chair at the VA like those, with a crocheted throw that has my name on it. Frequent flyer.
(October 16, 2017 at 12:32 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote:
Quote:Learned something new, looks like you're a ka-nitter also. Cool.

I knitted the hat i'm wearing in the photo, but the yarn sitting on the table is actually my mom's - she's knitting a series of fairy tale dolls - Puss in Boots, the Seven Dwarves, the Ugly Step Sisters which are so freaking adorable...  She just took out a book from the library on knitting zombies with interchangeable body parts!  (See what kind of family I have to work with? Heart )

Can I see? Can I see? Can I see? Can I see? Can I see? Can I see???
Didn't get to see the whole stained glass thingy behind CM so it only gave me partial willies.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 16, 2017 at 12:41 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(October 16, 2017 at 12:32 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: I knitted the hat i'm wearing in the photo, but the yarn sitting on the table is actually my mom's - she's knitting a series of fairy tale dolls - Puss in Boots, the Seven Dwarves, the Ugly Step Sisters which are so freaking adorable...  She just took out a book from the library on knitting zombies with interchangeable body parts!  (See what kind of family I have to work with? Heart )

Can I see? Can I see? Can I see? Can I see? Can I see? Can I see???

This is the book she'll be working from
https://www.amazon.com/Knit-Your-Own-Zom...939&sr=1-1

It's pretty great. She hasn't actually made one yet, she's finishing a step sister before she starts a new one.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131095 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 291 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 744 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1426 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1217 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2150 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2732 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one