Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 2:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
Thanks antares! I had a surgery last month, and had to have a second follow up surgery yesterday which is when Mr CL decided to film me making a fool of myself lol. But it was funny.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(February 9, 2018 at 6:44 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Thanks antares! I had a surgery last month, and had to have a second follow up surgery yesterday which is when Mr CL decided to film me making a fool of myself lol. But it was funny.

Surgery?
I hope everything is alright with you!
(February 8, 2018 at 10:07 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Another post anesthesia shot. Totally out of it.

https://youtu.be/h9DsycSSgCY

Fantastic baby bird imitation.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Lol ice was the only thing they would let me eat so my husband was spoon feeding me crushed ice.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(February 8, 2018 at 9:52 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Me coming off general anesthesia:

https://youtu.be/FLSe2Bvsqis

I'm on my phone so don't know how to make it a video on here vs a link to the video...

With your poop fetish I'm surprised you weren't delighted that you pooped during surgery! (Or maybe your hubby was pulling you leg to get a rise out of you in your post-anesthesia funk?) Wink

Also, farts are natural, everyone does them, and they're hilarious.

This was the best shot of me post-port surgery back in August.  No video, but it's kind of funny.  This is the first thing I remember after I woke up: my mom telling me to smile:

[Image: 25297287147_bd8e455bcf.jpg]

(February 9, 2018 at 6:44 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Thanks antares! I had a surgery last month, and had to have a second follow up surgery yesterday which is when Mr CL decided to film me making a fool of myself lol. But it was funny.

I hope your follow up went smoothly and you heal quickly and fully from it! Heart

Continuing my radiation theme, yesterday was Doctor Day so I got to see the xrays (or maybe CT images?) they used to design the fields where I'm getting radiation:

[Image: 26295831018_a342a74e84.jpg]

It's good to see all my chestal organs are in place.  The doctor also commented that it's good that my heart is sitting very central in the medial stinum because that means that it's far less likely to receive any damage from scatter, which is the outer most line on the images.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Wow CM, you look much better than I did when I woke up from anesthesia lol.

[Image: 249m9l.jpg]

[Image: 249mde.jpg]

-walsh
(February 9, 2018 at 12:16 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Wow CM, you look much better than I did when I woke up from anesthesia lol.

Well.... let's not have a contest of which beautiful woman looks better coming out of anesthesia, shall we?
Because... I can't choose Wink
(February 9, 2018 at 12:16 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Wow CM, you look much better than I did when I woke up from anesthesia lol.

To be fair, it looks like you're a lot closer to the initial wake up in your photos and video than I was in either photo I have. The one above is a photo of me coming out of the twilight-type anesthesia, not the hard-core, need to be intubated and catheterized anesthesia, and my mom did tell me to smile for the camera and I'm apparently very compliant in that state...

Waking up from the hard-core stuff, I wasn't told that I did anything funny except that I demanded my phone and was wheeled into my room with a Popsicle in my hand, which was fairly immediately barfed up. I've already posted that photo somewhere back in the feed. All things considered it was a pretty good photo of me - very flattering lighting. Wink

https://atheistforums.org/thread-49-post...pid1677882
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Ah yes, I remember that photo. And you're still smiling! I just have a scowl lol.

-walsh

Oh ... I'm so sorry that you have to go through this ... but I hope that now it's ok and it will be even better ...
.... but I must admit that my Lady looks beautiful even in the hospital! Heart !
Lot's of hugs and kisses 😙🌸
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131297 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 320 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 321 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 780 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1434 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2159 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2743 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one