Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 11:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
(September 8, 2011 at 11:47 am)salty Wrote: some pictures of me. surprise! I'm black!

And very beautiful, too.

Incidentally, I have to echo the reaction of many here: I likewise thought you were a dude (but I figured 'young', like early twenties). Not that it matters to me one way or the other what your gender is; "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus" (Gal 3:28).

(September 8, 2011 at 1:27 pm)salty Wrote: "Salty" relates to biblical zeal. By claiming that I am salty I'm saying that I have not lost my momentum to seek and follow the Lord. The lion represents Jesus, the Lion of Judah. As you can see, I'm steeped in religious symbolism.

Good for you, hon. I praise God for blessing you with such a strong faith. Persevere unto the end!

(September 8, 2011 at 11:47 am)salty Wrote: ...am I the only black person on here?

Nope (e.g., chatpilot).
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
(Oscar Wilde)
(September 8, 2011 at 11:20 pm)Ryft Wrote:
(September 8, 2011 at 11:47 am)salty Wrote: some pictures of me. surprise! I'm black!

And very beautiful, too.

Incidentally, I have to echo the reaction of many here: I likewise thought you were a dude (but I figured 'young', like early twenties). Not that it matters to me one way or the other what your gender is; "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus" (Gal 3:28).

(September 8, 2011 at 1:27 pm)salty Wrote: "Salty" relates to biblical zeal. By claiming that I am salty I'm saying that I have not lost my momentum to seek and follow the Lord. The lion represents Jesus, the Lion of Judah. As you can see, I'm steeped in religious symbolism.

Good for you, hon. I praise God for blessing you with such a strong faith. Persevere unto the end!

(September 8, 2011 at 11:47 am)salty Wrote: ...am I the only black person on here?

Nope (e.g., chatpilot).

Thank you Ryft. I appreciate the compliment and I am pushing forward so that my life can reflect my love for God. It's not uncommon for people to assume I'm male, there's something about my "internet voice" that makes me more masculine sounding. Actually, my personal voice is sort of calming and deep but still womanly. I'm 26 and will be 27 in November.
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
Same age as me. Smile
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Heh, I thought you both were younger. Not that either of you seem childish or anything.. Oh crap, I should stop before I accidentally offend you '-_-
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Everyone thinks I'm younger than I am...I don't know if that means I write like an immature idiot (shut up, Ryft, I DO have your address) or if the people who actually see me on cam or in real life are thrown off by the age-defying freckles.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Nah, I think it is the fact that you're approachable, I guess. You don't have "bitter hag" all written over your forehead, that some women have that on the other hand make them seem older than they are Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Young black and ....... credulous? ;-).

Nice pics.

More like 'surprise: I'm a pretty ebony lass!'

Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(September 9, 2011 at 12:42 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: You don't have "bitter hag" all written over your forehead

She doesn't???
Cunt
(September 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Everyone thinks I'm younger than I am...I don't know if that means I write like an immature idiot (shut up, Ryft, I DO have your address) or if the people who actually see me on cam or in real life are thrown off by the age-defying freckles.

Hell... people thought I was nearly thirty when they met me. I'm only 18 Dodgy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131153 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 292 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 762 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1428 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2152 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2734 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one