Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
They will be very intelligent too, Adrian. We'll need hordes of tutors and arts instructors.

Oh, good, popeye's. Still, I am sure people dump stuff in there too.
Will the children turn out to be tree hugging squirrel savers, Shell? If so, brava!
Trying to update my sig ...
Did I tell you the story about the squirrel or do you just happen to get the impression that I rescue animals? Wink
(December 25, 2011 at 5:08 pm)Shell B Wrote: They will be very intelligent too, Adrian. We'll need hordes of tutors and arts instructors.

Oh, good, popeye's. Still, I am sure people dump stuff in there too.

I didn’t really notice a lot of manmade trash in any of the geysers or pools while I was there. There were plenty of sticks and things, but I think park policy is to leave stuff like that in place. Overall I thought the place was pretty clean. If you don’t count the elk stew going in one of the pools on the north side of Norris basin. We were there really early in the season though so I guess things might get worse later in the summer.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
"Did I tell you the story about the squirrel or do you just happen to get the impression that I rescue animals?"

You didn't, but I think you're just plain good all round, hon. I had a feeling you loved animals.
Trying to update my sig ...
(December 25, 2011 at 5:08 pm)Shell B Wrote: They will be very intelligent too, Adrian. We'll need hordes of tutors and arts instructors.

I used one of those face merging things, and so I am proud to present to you all: Tiberius Barclay-Hayter.

[Image: 0WKfW.jpg]
(December 25, 2011 at 4:07 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Wow Shell. I can't get over how lovely your eyes are.

Ditto
Adrian, that is one freaking cute baby. It looks like a benevolent dictator in the making. Maybe Tiberius Leto Atreides Barclay-Hayter?

Popeye's, Yellowstone actually has a major problem with the Morning Glory pool. There is no visible trash because it is so deep. The visible effects of it stopping up the vents is a discoloration from algae being allowed to form because the temperature is lowered.
(December 25, 2011 at 8:39 pm)Shell B Wrote: Adrian, that is one freaking cute baby. It looks like a benevolent dictator in the making. Maybe Tiberius Leto Atreides Barclay-Hayter?
Alright, fuck the distance...this shit is on. Big Grin
(December 25, 2011 at 8:39 pm)Shell B Wrote: Popeye's, Yellowstone actually has a major problem with the Morning Glory pool. There is no visible trash because it is so deep. The visible effects of it stopping up the vents is a discoloration from algae being allowed to form because the temperature is lowered.

I believe you Shell. I was just commenting on the overall appearance of the park which I thought was quite good. But like I said it was early in the season and well before most of the 2 million annual visitors had come through. I also don’t have a lot to compare it to even though this was my second visit to Yellowstone. The first time was 1970. I was 8 and don’t have a lot of detailed memories of that trip. A lot has changed since then though. As far as the rules concerning people go most of the changes are for the better. As far as changes to the thermal features go I guess that’s the nature of the beast. Although if people are affecting them by throwing stuff in you wouldn’t hear many objections from me if you proposed throwing litterers in after their trash….

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131157 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 292 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 762 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1428 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2152 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2734 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one