Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 5:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
Whateverist, generally I've found that men who are past a certain age behave a certain way. That's not to say that older men can't act like fucktards (and believe me, even the good ones have their moments) or that men my age can't be wonderful (and I've come across a few - even on this board). It's a generalization.

I like a man who is intelligent, well-read, confident in himself, appreciates good things, and has a sense of where he's going in life - and by a certain age is going that direction successfully. That's USUALLY men in the 30-40 or older range. I've met some younger ones who have goals and aspirations and plans to get there, and that's sexy too. What I don't like are the ones I grew up around, and who I find all over the place, who are still stuck in the frat boy lifestyle. I don't have time for that but once in a while. I have shit to do the next day, and generally, so do older guys. They don't get huffy if I wake up at 5:30 in the morning naturally - usually they're awake too, and making coffee. It works out well.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(January 8, 2012 at 12:42 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Whateverist, generally I've found that men who are past a certain age behave a certain way. That's not to say that older men can't act like fucktards (and believe me, even the good ones have their moments) or that men my age can't be wonderful (and I've come across a few - even on this board). It's a generalization.

I like a man who is intelligent, well-read, confident in himself, appreciates good things, and has a sense of where he's going in life - and by a certain age is going that direction successfully. That's USUALLY men in the 30-40 or older range. I've met some younger ones who have goals and aspirations and plans to get there, and that's sexy too. What I don't like are the ones I grew up around, and who I find all over the place, who are still stuck in the frat boy lifestyle. I don't have time for that but once in a while. I have shit to do the next day, and generally, so do older guys. They don't get huffy if I wake up at 5:30 in the morning naturally - usually they're awake too, and making coffee. It works out well.

Nature has played a cruel trick on you by selecting for maturity in women in time for your child bearing years while not finding any reason to do the same for men until .. well, at all. So long as we get you knocked up and bring you something to eat when you're really great with child, we've pretty much met evolution's high standard.

I also like having a mate that has lots to do and is happy doing it, leaving me time for all I need and want to do. What we need in a companion is pretty clear, who we want to fuck would be another matter if it weren't so nice to sleep with that person. Therefore you have to find a mate that meets your room mate standard.

Don't open this if pics of spiders freak you out. This is a pic of my pet Charlie - I had him for about 3 1/2 years, he died a couple of months ago Sad

"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
Brutal, Summer forces them to make the coffee.

For the record Whatever, maturity as you define it and maturity as selection would define it are vastly different things. We're large, aggressive, territorial, possessive, and eager to breed. Check, check, check, check, check...kids are a go.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 9, 2012 at 1:10 am)Michelle_Patton Wrote: Don't open this if pics of spiders freak you out. This is a pic of my pet Charlie - I had him for about 3 1/2 years, he died a couple of months ago Sad

Please accept my condolences. I hope 3 1/2 years was not untimely, though for you it is still regrettable. Living with dogs as I do I know what it is to associate with a species you must expect to bury. Do spiders ever recognize you as an ally?
(January 9, 2012 at 2:50 am)whateverist Wrote: Please accept my condolences. I hope 3 1/2 years was not untimely, though for you it is still regrettable. Living with dogs as I do I know what it is to associate with a species you must expect to bury. Do spiders ever recognize you as an ally?

Thanks, a lot of people are surprised how sad I was - spiders aren't like real pets, after all. Undecided
When I first bought him I was hoping he was a female (they're very hard to sex) because they live up to 15 years, but 3-5 is average for males.

I hope they realise I don't want to hurt them. Nearly every spider I leave alone in my house - I'd rather them than insects - unless it's a white tail or a species I don't recognise. Even then it's outside they go, I find it really hard to kill them.
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
What was Charlie?? Tarantulla??

Sorry darlin but any 8 legged arthropod enters my house it is kill on sight...I make Insect heaven outside for them and always will stay my hand. They are better than a whole lot of chemicals.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
You and I have actually already had that discussion, Rhythm.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(January 9, 2012 at 3:50 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: What was Charlie?? Tarantulla??

Sorry darlin but any 8 legged arthropod enters my house it is kill on sight...I make Insect heaven outside for them and always will stay my hand. They are better than a whole lot of chemicals.

Yep, a bird eater. I understand other people killing them - they're not exactly cute and cuddly - I just can't do it myself.

Here's another pic next to my hand to show how big he was - not very big at all I don't think:

OMGG...He's TINY!!! Looks alot like a Wolf Spider ...the back carapace. Other than that he could be mistaken for a Female Funnel Web. Cute!! Big Grin

had a friend (ages back) who was absolutely fascinated by Sydney Funnel Webs. Kept a few females for milking. I do like the Red Backs, delicate little things they are. [Image: en000008.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131233 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 317 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 772 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1433 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2156 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2741 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one