Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 6:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
(January 8, 2012 at 10:19 am)whateverist Wrote:
(January 8, 2012 at 9:15 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(January 8, 2012 at 9:13 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: every now and then a rare and precious one comes along, but mostly I have to agree that older guys are the shiznit.

They are at that my dear. Then again those rare ones can be somewhat younger than yourself. Life is a buzz ..yes?

So who has been on the planet longer between you and zen badger? Who is spring and who is summer? My wife is hella old or else I'm just so damned young. She's got ten years on me but looks younger. Her genes (along with the way she fills out her jeans) tricked me into to robbing the grave. Age doesn't really make so much difference

Kichi has six years on me, but at this end of history the difference is a minor fraction.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 9, 2012 at 5:47 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: OMGG...He's TINY!!! Looks alot like a Wolf Spider ...the back carapace. Other than that he could be mistaken for a Female Funnel Web. Cute!! Big Grin

had a friend (ages back) who was absolutely fascinated by Sydney Funnel Webs. Kept a few females for milking. I do like the Red Backs, delicate little things they are.

I thought he was cute too - not many people agreed with me. One of the girls I worked with was so freaked out by spiders she wouldn't even look at a picture of him!

And I totally agree about Redbacks - they're so pretty. Shame they're so deadly Sad
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
(January 9, 2012 at 6:03 am)Michelle_Patton Wrote:
(January 9, 2012 at 5:47 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: OMGG...He's TINY!!! Looks alot like a Wolf Spider ...the back carapace. Other than that he could be mistaken for a Female Funnel Web. Cute!! Big Grin

had a friend (ages back) who was absolutely fascinated by Sydney Funnel Webs. Kept a few females for milking. I do like the Red Backs, delicate little things they are.

I thought he was cute too - not many people agreed with me. One of the girls I worked with was so freaked out by spiders she wouldn't even look at a picture of him!

And I totally agree about Redbacks - they're so pretty. Shame they're so deadly Sad

Spider Alot like women eh?? Hehe

(January 9, 2012 at 6:02 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(January 8, 2012 at 10:19 am)whateverist Wrote:
(January 8, 2012 at 9:15 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(January 8, 2012 at 9:13 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: every now and then a rare and precious one comes along, but mostly I have to agree that older guys are the shiznit.

They are at that my dear. Then again those rare ones can be somewhat younger than yourself. Life is a buzz ..yes?

So who has been on the planet longer between you and zen badger? Who is spring and who is summer? My wife is hella old or else I'm just so damned young. She's got ten years on me but looks younger. Her genes (along with the way she fills out her jeans) tricked me into to robbing the grave. Age doesn't really make so much difference

Kichi has six years on me, but at this end of history the difference is a minor fraction.

Oh ...I'm not sure on that mate Heart I'm certain that you could both run rings around me....Thinking
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 9, 2012 at 6:05 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Spider Alot like women eh?? Hehe

Tee-hee, ain't that the truth?! Naughty
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
(January 9, 2012 at 6:17 am)Michelle_Patton Wrote:
(January 9, 2012 at 6:05 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Spider Alot like women eh?? Hehe

Tee-hee, ain't that the truth?! Naughty

So are you going to get another spider as a pet?? Or maybe go for something bigger like a snake?? You seem to have the facility for either
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I'd really like a snake but my sister has one so I don't want to be a copy cat. I'm not sure about another spider - eventually I would like one but right now it's still a bit fresh Sad I'm thinking my next pet will probably be a lizard of some kind. Any suggestions? (Not a blue tongue - my sister has one of those too)

ETA: I'm thinking something like this:

[Image: wdragon.jpg]
(January 9, 2012 at 6:43 am)Michelle_Patton Wrote: I'd really like a snake but my sister has one so I don't want to be a copy cat. I'm not sure about another spider - eventually I would like one but right now it's still a bit fresh Sad I'm thinking my next pet will probably be a lizard of some kind. Any suggestions? (Not a blue tongue - my sister has one of those too)

Where in Oz are you?? It depends on the local laws regarding 'Native Species' A gecko would be nice I should think. Mind you a Tuatara or a bearded dragon would do just as nicely...just don't even THINK about a White Pointer!!

[Image: shim.gif]
(January 9, 2012 at 6:43 am)Michelle_Patton Wrote: I'd really like a snake but my sister has one so I don't want to be a copy cat. I'm not sure about another spider - eventually I would like one but right now it's still a bit fresh Sad I'm thinking my next pet will probably be a lizard of some kind. Any suggestions? (Not a blue tongue - my sister has one of those too)

Where in Oz are you?? It depends on the local laws regarding 'Native Species' A gecko would be nice I should think.

A tuatara would be nice
[Image: tuatara.jpg]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuatara
(January 9, 2012 at 7:05 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Where in Oz are you?? It depends on the local laws regarding 'Native Species' A gecko would be nice I should think. Mind you a Tuatara or a bearded dragon would do just as nicely...just don't even THINK about a White Pointer!!

Awww, well there goes that plan Wink

Quote:Where in Oz are you?? It depends on the local laws regarding 'Native Species' A gecko would be nice I should think.

A tuatara would be nice
[Image: tuatara.jpg]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuatara

They look gorgeous! I'm in Melbourne - I know there's a few lizards that you don't need a licence for (can't think which ones off the top of my head) it's something I'll look into.
My little girl always wanted a White Pointer as a pet...so she grew up to become interested in Marine Biology and went into the waters here in Western Australia...complete with shark repellent equipment!! lol

They are still magnificent creatures ...
That's so cool! I've always wanted to swim with sharks. They really are magnificent!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131130 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 291 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 744 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1428 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2152 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2734 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one