Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 12:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
What are you 'what'ing? Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(November 23, 2009 at 7:15 pm)Saerules Wrote: What are you 'what'ing? Smile

As in What is going on, who is Amy, what about college,etc,. I am pretty scatterbrained about things.
'Amy' is an adult friend of mine (also mother of one of my closest friends) who is considering giving me room and board. I am dropping out, getting a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GED , and going to a local college (Kenai Peninsula College most likely).

That is a very simplified view of 'what is going on' Smile
(November 23, 2009 at 8:47 pm)Saerules Wrote: 'Amy' is an adult friend of mine (also mother of one of my closest friends) who is considering giving me room and board. I am dropping out, getting a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GED , and going to a local college (Kenai Peninsula College most likely).

That is a very simplified view of 'what is going on' Smile

Oh wow, I just checked your age and found out you are a whippersnapper. Fooled me as I ascribed your writings to that of a more mature person. Impressive. You are wise beyond your years.

I take it your home situation is that bad? Really? Oh my. I've seen intolerance, but it is never fun to see it rear its head again and again. Is your CC the one in Alaska?
Syna Wrote:I take it your home situation is that bad? Really? Oh my. I've seen intolerance, but it is never fun to see it rear its head again and again. Is your CC the one in Alaska?
Define 'bad'...

It probably isn't "bad enough" to win over a judge and jury in an emancipation suit by an appeal to emotions... but it is no where near as good as the alternative (emancipation). Of course, I could argue the astounding emotional damage I have suffered from my parent's religious and philosophical beliefs... among a number of other things (I really and truly am surprised I'm not a druggie... Tongue). I'm not too worried... but I think that there is a chance I will have to resort to my 'backup' plans... and that is something I would much rather avoid... Undecided

CC = Community College? If so: yes, I live on the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska Smile

Syna Wrote:Oh wow, I just checked your age and found out you are a whippersnapper. Fooled me as I ascribed your writings to that of a more mature person. Impressive. You are wise beyond your years.
Maturity ≠ age... although living longer gives us more time in which to gain wisdom (experience?) and maturity. Smile
(November 23, 2009 at 9:33 pm)Saerules Wrote:
Syna Wrote:Oh wow, I just checked your age and found out you are a whippersnapper. Fooled me as I ascribed your writings to that of a more mature person. Impressive. You are wise beyond your years.
Maturity ≠ age... although living longer gives us more time in which to gain wisdom (experience?) and maturity. Smile
Ah, but maturity is usually correlated to age, giving a wide band measure for the majority of people.

My sister is five years younger than me who has not only pulled off impressive research solo, but also does research for NASA and plans to apply to University later this month. She impresses me to know end each day. While we share similar interests, our biggest bond is through our shared ability to communicate with each other. She is indeed wiser than her peers, many who are struggling with the challenge of learning geometry and fitting in with the high school social climate, while she is in linear algebra (past vector calculus) and thoroughly motivated by her dreams.

Brings me to this phrase - "Don't stop believing" in the sense your dreams are closer with each step towards them.
Edit note: Nice avatar, Syna Big Grin
Syna Wrote:Ah, but maturity is usually correlated to age, giving a wide band measure for the majority of people.
Noted here:
Saerules Wrote:although living longer gives us more time in which to gain wisdom (experience?) and maturity
Tiger

About 15 years then? Smile That sounds like talent... or at the least: intelligence Smile

Syna Wrote:Brings me to this phrase - "Don't stop believing" in the sense your dreams are closer with each step towards them.

Until one has achieved their goal... there remains the possibility of failing to do so, however slight. Smile
(November 23, 2009 at 5:50 pm)Ace Wrote: I've been meaning to upload my fav pics of myself.
Just so you know, I'm always wearing sunglasses.

[Image: th_Ace-6-1-1.png]

Looking good, Ace Smile
(November 24, 2009 at 3:38 am)Saerules Wrote: [Image: th_Ace-6-1-1.png]

Looking good, Ace Smile

Thanks. I'm always wearing sunglasses.
Except in winter.Big Grin

I've only just got up. Still in the middle of drinking my coffee.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Why not wear sunglasses in winter? Smile Sol's reflection off the snow is bright as hell >_< Or do you replace them with Snow Goggles? Tongue
(November 24, 2009 at 5:32 am)Saerules Wrote: Why not wear sunglasses in winter? Smile Sol's reflection off the snow is bright as hell >_< Or do you replace them with Snow Goggles? Tongue

We don't get much snow, even in the winter. Strange that isn't it?Big Grin
Used to be alot. Also it's warmish when it should be cold.Big Grin

I only really wear sunglasses when piloting. It can be very bright up there.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131288 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 320 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 321 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 777 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1433 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2159 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2743 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one