Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 5:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
RE: Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
Quote:@ RJ, as was pointed out to my company when I was in the Australian Army Reserves. The sole intent of a gun is to kill, nothing else(this point was made by our sergeant, a professional soldier).

So when lots of devices whose designed purpose is to kill are held by lots of people whose I.Q can be measured on the fingers of one hand, expect consequences.

Well of COURSE he is going to say that. He is military, he is training you to kill, period.

In reality guns can be used for much more reasons than to "kill kill kill...blood blood blood". Lets try not to be over simplistic here by saying it is only for killing. Lets be specific okay, and realistic.

Rifle - I can use it kill..yes. I can also use it to wound and take prisoners, I can use it to protect myself from knives, fists, and other blunt objects. I can attach a knife to it to stab, or cut, or intimidate. I can use it to help me walk up hills or pull myself up steep inclines. I can use the but to kill snakes, or other small and dangerous creatures...man, I can just keep going and going on all of the uses this tool can give me...especially hunting for food.

Pistol - Kill..DUH! I can pistol whip the fuck out of you and put you on your ass (what???? Using a pistol without killing people? Kind of screws up the entire off topic point many of you have been trying to make). I can use rubber bullets and protect myself without lethal force, I can use tear gas bullets and protect myself without lethal force... intimidation factor..

I mean, come on people...I didnt even try hard to come up with that list. This is supposed to be a "dome of rational thinking" on this forum. So why do I keep seeing "guns = lethal force<> therefore ban them"

They have very small six or 4 shooter revolvers that have teargas spray in them. Hold it to the face of your attacker, pull the trigger, BLAM eyes full of tear gas.*

*for those of you who are not ninja experts in the prime of their lives

Plastic trash bags - used for trash. Also used by gangsters to suffocate people to death. Trashbags are also used to store decapitated heads and body parts to bury after a murder. They are also used for getting rid of unwanted babies, disposing of illegal contraban, and storing stolen cash from a bank robbery. Trash bags are also used to carry large amounts of drugs across the border, and if floating in the ocean can be mistaken as jelly fish by turtles and choke them to death. Trash bags are easily concealed and are sometimes found in rapists "rape kits" to dispose of evidence.
(April 8, 2011 at 4:08 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I don't disagree with this law, actually. The more of a populace that has guns to defend itself, the less people who will be killed when one of them goes on a rampage.

I agree Sae. That was my original first post on this topic to begin with. I dont disagree with this law. I just have some questions about its timing.
Quote:Just curious by what they meant by that...Thinking
Shoot the police? Shoot politicians?

You have to understand redneckese. What they mean is "shoot niggers."
Minimalist Wrote:As far as standing up to the "government" goes....if they are going to arrest you do you think they will send one cop with a revolver to your house? The SWAT team will be all over you like stink on shit and picking up a gun in that situation is probably about the single least safe thing you could do.

The Kenai Peninsula doesn't have SWAT... so yes, I do think that they'd send a few cops to my house. Tongue

Quote:I have been wondering for a while now by what they meant by "standing up to the government"?. Don't think going up to a town hall or the White House with a shot gun will do much other than landing behind bars or ending up shot yourself.
Just curious by what they meant by that...
Shoot the police? Shoot politicians?

What I mean by that is that there is a very large population of people here (and a good few with guns). I don't mean to suggest that an individual person can resist the combined might of a government... I mean that the people have a viable option to revolt should it come to that. Smile

I would presume most of the police would flip during an actual revolt, and politicians might as well be shot for how much they could accomplish Levitate
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:The Kenai Peninsula doesn't have SWAT... so yes, I do think that they'd send a few cops to my house.

I still would not recommend picking up a gun.

(April 18, 2011 at 9:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The Kenai Peninsula doesn't have SWAT... so yes, I do think that they'd send a few cops to my house.

I still would not recommend picking up a gun.

^- I hardly disagree with this Tongue
Here,you threaten a policeman man with a plastic steak knife and he will shoot you in the chest.Cool Shades

I love guns as objects,always have and have fired many kinds of serious weapons, all army issue.Those guns ARE most certainly designed to kill people.

No urbanite NEEDS a firearm,at least not where I live. It's also very difficult to legally own a gun here,but especially a hand gun. As a direct result,guns are rarely used in crimes here,even in armed robberies,where the weapons tend to be knives, swords and various blunt objects.

Civilians with guns scare the crap out of me,because most of 'em are so fucking STOOPID! Of course I refer only to Australian civilians. I'm sure American civilians are far more intelligent, competent and rational. .Angel Cloud

It's just a meaningless coincidence that the US has the fourth highest rate of gun related deaths on the planet. (per 100,000)
What would all of you feel if we broke this thread from "arizona law" that we arent discussing anymore, and put it onto a "Britain vs. American gun laws" or something similar. That way we can stay on topic and possibly dra more into the discussion? Im sure we can find a moderator to splice the posts for us into a new thread
Actually, the countries with the highest rate of gun related deaths are those where active wars are occurring (which is not south africa or america, incase you were wondering) Levitate
Quote:I'm sure American civilians are far more intelligent, competent and rational.I'm sure American civilians are far more intelligent, competent and rational.

I love it when you're sarcastic!
Unlike the Poms??

[youtube]cBFrxbWTlzI[/youtube]

Guns for all ...yeah right

[youtube]G7LJRC7KnqQ[/youtube]

For the greater (moral) good....

[youtube]ODap4yCR_AY[/youtube]

ROFLOL Ah yes....the greater good!! Christian moralistic sanctimonious bullshit

[youtube]DnqPrDN77Xg[/youtube]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1779 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3408 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2218 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  How Crazy Is Arizona? Minimalist 19 1867 November 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1067 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws? GODZILLA 24 4993 June 25, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 861 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight Minimalist 0 339 June 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Is The Kind Of Dumb Shit We Get Running in Arizona Minimalist 7 1255 May 20, 2018 at 8:15 am
Last Post: brewer
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 1985 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger