Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 11:21 am

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
(January 7, 2014 at 7:58 am)enrico Wrote:
(January 6, 2014 at 4:28 pm)Stimbo Wrote: In the spirit (ahem) of checking the events, rico, could you give a few specific details by which we could research these anecdotes? Names, dates, that sort of thing?

You can call them anecdotes or whatever you like but according the big book of Near-Death Experiences these facts are real and documented by witness with references.
Go and read the book, contact the witness and then come back here.
I will be waiting for you. Cool Shades

Translation: Drink the kool aid, become a believer and then come back we can talk about all the good times to come as disembodied consciousness.
(January 7, 2014 at 7:58 am)enrico Wrote: You can call them anecdotes or whatever you like but according the big book of Near-Death Experiences these facts are real and documented by witness with references.

The big book of near death experiences? You mean the one written by a woman with a single degree from a college for psychics? That big book?

That well respected scientific text, written by someone with a psychic degree. Dodgy

Once again, enrico: your stupid fucking book is not evidence, and recommending it over and over again does not make it so.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Rico, you are running afoul of General Forum Rule #1. Instead of balking at the word 'anecdote', which perfectly describes hearsay testimony, please give serious consideration to my very reasonable request for corrobation.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 7, 2014 at 7:26 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Rico, you are running afoul of General Forum Rule #1. Instead of balking at the word 'anecdote', which perfectly describes hearsay testimony, please give serious consideration to my very reasonable request for corrobation.

Very strange indeed.
You talk about rules all the time and yet you are the one braking these rules.
Just yesterday you gave a kudus to rasetsu after she manipulated my post.
https://atheistforums.org/thread-22520-page-29.html
Few weeks ago you seem happy to see my thread derailed.
https://atheistforums.org/thread-22289-page-8.html
These are only few things coming in my mind at the moment but since i came to know you you keep on doing the opposite of what you preach like saying that analogies are not good and then using an analogy yourself.
It must not be very hard to become a moderator if you have been chosen, isn't it Stimbo!
Confused Fall
(January 8, 2014 at 7:37 am)enrico Wrote: Just yesterday you gave a kudus to rasetsu after she manipulated my post.

That's not against the rules, because the big, animated "fixed!" emote makes it clear that that's what happened. She didn't manipulate your post, she used your own words against you, you fucking baby.

Quote:Few weeks ago you seem happy to see my thread derailed.

Your threads start pre-derailed. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I can feel the thunder of the ban hammer roaring through clouds in my balls right now.
(January 7, 2014 at 11:45 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(January 7, 2014 at 7:58 am)enrico Wrote: You can call them anecdotes or whatever you like but according the big book of Near-Death Experiences these facts are real and documented by witness with references.

The big book of near death experiences? You mean the one written by a woman with a single degree from a college for psychics? That big book?

That well respected scientific text, written by someone with a psychic degree. Dodgy

Once again, enrico: your stupid fucking book is not evidence, and recommending it over and over again does not make it so.

1)How can you be so stupid!
I keep on mention that book because you guys keep on asking where i got that particular evidence.
2) You can keep on believing that without a degree you are nothing.
I keep on believing the contrary.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?i...9586624142

Smile
If you don't have a degree, you're better off than someone who has a degree in 'psychics', as you have not either wasted time or money to obtain a worthless piece of paper.
Enrico you wouldn't happen to be a sock puppet of Drich would you?

I'm noticing similar bullshit styles of argument.
(January 8, 2014 at 7:41 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(January 8, 2014 at 7:37 am)enrico Wrote: Just yesterday you gave a kudus to rasetsu after she manipulated my post.

That's not against the rules, because the big, animated "fixed!" emote makes it clear that that's what happened. She didn't manipulate your post, she used your own words against you, you fucking baby.

The jelly inside your skull must be on strike.
Rasetsu allege that this or that are my religious dogmas when in fact i keep on saying that i do not believe in religions.
So where suppose to be this evidence that i believe in religious dogmas?

Quote:Few weeks ago you seem happy to see my thread derailed.

Quote:Your threads start pre-derailed.

I didn't derailed, so somebody must have been derailed. Cool Shades

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5754 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3141 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7654 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35719 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2407 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8455 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13856 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4199 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6512 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3237 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball