Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 10:37 am

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
No, no evidence and there's not even a halfway decent reason to believe.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens- My Hero
No, Same reason I dont believe in unicorns...
No. Should I? If so, why? For what reason?
You guys got big, big and unrealistic expectations.
Why should God manifest in you when you are not interested in Him?
Would you manifest to someone who doesn't give a damn about you?
Get real guys. SmileConfused FallSmile
(August 29, 2014 at 11:06 am)Riketto Wrote: You guys got big, big and unrealistic expectations.

If he exists I'd have expected him to "manifest" the 10+ years I was a Christian.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
I find it very hard to know when someone is being sarcastic and when they are serious on this topic. Poes law, I guess.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
In many of the holy books or ancient fables, god had no compunction about showing him/herself to those who showed no interest or even were antagonistic. Even people who had no expectations, realistic or otherwise. But now... nothing. And all of the hand-waving and excuse-making and rules-changing is insufficient to cover for such a marked (and very convenient) difference.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(August 29, 2014 at 11:06 am)Riketto Wrote: You guys got big, big and unrealistic expectations.

Speak for yourself. I am very interested in God (just don't see any reason to believe the dude is real).

I suspect a lot of other people here are also interested in God and the religions that assume it/she/he exists. Otherwise, we'd be like the vast majority of atheists who just get on with their lives without participating on forums where God and religion are the major topics.
What religions have to do with God is just behind me.
Religions are interpretation of the original message that some spiritual person had.
The Bible has been written ages ago and in the mean time has been written and rewritten countless of times in order to please the intermediaries (priests) agenda.
And so the Coran and all other religious books.
The Christians have the original message as the Talibans got the original message but this however is totally irrelevant to understand how the system works.
The only way to understand whether God exist or not is to have the desire to establish a relationship with that unknown entity that make you feel like improving your life day after day all the rest is totally irrelevant. Cool Shades
Yeah god is supposed to be unchanging, so why the change from appearing all the time, setting people on fire, wrestling with people.... to bugger all? Weird.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5785 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3144 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7689 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35791 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2423 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8526 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13886 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4204 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6527 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3242 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball