Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 5:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Immorality of God - Slavery in the Old Testament
RE: The Immorality of God - Slavery in the Old Testament
I'll be the first to admit I can't find the words to make good points like many of my friends here, but I CAN detect bullshit and asshattery when I see it. Why is it when the religious people on here are up against a wall, they are yhe first ones to resort to insults, but then have the nerve to cry persecution when they are challenged in the slightest? I see good debating followed by the throwing of the first insult by a christer.

Now I suppose the staff will be getting accused of throwing their weight around because the christers aren't getting their way. What crap.

The free will argument is bullshit. Plain and simple. Your god can't have it both ways. You can't say what his plan is if you say he gave us free will. That sort of reasoning doesn't make sense. And Christians resort, when all else fails, to accusing atheists of hating god. News flash:

I am not an atheist because of any hatred towards God. I can't hate something that doesn't exist.

I'm pretty confident other atheists feel the same. Even if they don't, I wish Christians would stop assuming to know how atheists feel and what they think. We aren't stupid by any means. So knock it off with that already.

If your god was real, I'd tell him to his face what a piece of shit I thought he was. Then he would know how I felt. If he came to me and said that I must follow him or die, option two sounds so much better than bowing down to a narcissistic, cowardly, small minded, hateful, arrogant, misogynistic turd burglar who threatens innocent children, allows rape and slavery and has the power to eradicate everything evil in the world, but refuses to do so. Yep, death is the better option.

Oh, and just to add insult to injury, I would sit in front of him while eating a meat lovers pizza, sporting my new hair cut and wearing jeans and a silk shirt.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Immorality of God - Slavery in the Old Testament - by Joods - January 25, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8931 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Old Testament Prophecy Proof of Jesus Nihilist Virus 45 6661 August 12, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  The Immorality of God - The Canaanites athrock 114 12681 January 26, 2016 at 8:11 am
Last Post: DarkHorse
  Richard Dawkins and the God of the Old Testament Randy Carson 69 17053 October 8, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: orangedude
Video The Bible and Slavery - Kyle Butt IanHulett 12 3268 September 3, 2015 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Why Do We Think Slavery is Evil? Rhondazvous 96 17344 July 3, 2015 at 3:24 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  The Historical Reliability of the New Testament Randy Carson 706 112117 June 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Utter Irrelevance of the New Testament Whateverist 66 10808 May 24, 2015 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Question of the Greek New Testament Rhondazvous 130 22807 May 19, 2015 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Aractus
  New Testament arguments urlawyer 185 23031 March 24, 2015 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01