Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 2:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overthrowing oppressive regimes by military force
RE: Overthrowing oppressive regimes by military force
(March 11, 2016 at 5:33 am)Aractus Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 1:13 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The NaZis weren't elected to govern.  They had to form a coalition to do so ... as you yourself pointed out earlier in this thread.

So? They were elected to govern with a junior coalition partner. Which is what they did until the parliament voted more than 80% in favour of giving the NAZIs total rule. You can't argue with that. You also can't argue with the fact that previous Chancellors that were appointed represented parties that were much smaller (i.e. half the size or less of the Nazis in Jan 1933). One Chancellor in fact didn't represent any party! And he still issued "rule by decree" to avoid parliament.

I'm still waiting for you to simply say, "When I said Hitler was elected, I was wrong."

Either you can do this, or you can't. The fact that you keep answering with irrelevancies while ignoring the point I was making speaks volumes both about your knowledge and your character -- or lack thereof.

(March 11, 2016 at 5:33 am)Aractus Wrote: I'll raise this with him and get back to you. He told me unequivocally that Hitler had a seat in the Reichstag. But now we (or rather I) know he didn't that just makes present USA even more similar to Hitler: Trump has never had a parliamentary seat, and Cruz is a first term senator (correct?) And just like Hitler they're at the extreme right of domestic politics.

He is wrong: you can tell him that a high-school graduate from America has corrected him. And in the meantime, you can yourself take a lesson about worshiping authority rather than cottoning to facts.

As for the rest of your snippet here, that is simply you trying to rescue a slipshod comparison. Trump is the more fascist of the two, but neither of them are "just like Hitler". That's because "the extreme right" is obviously (to anyone with half a brain) a relative term. "Extreme right" in America in 2016 means something different than "extreme right" in Germany in 1932 which means, again, something different than "extreme right" in 1789 France.

Do you see how stupid your argument is now?

(March 11, 2016 at 5:33 am)Aractus Wrote: And by the way, I'm 32 I'm due to be wrong about something by now. Rolleyes

No problem with you being wrong, but really, lad, you shouldn't be obstinately so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Overthrowing oppressive regimes by military force - by Thumpalumpacus - March 12, 2016 at 12:25 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Need for Scapegoats in All Forms of Oppressive Regimes Leonardo17 4 669 May 5, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 931 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Ike Warns of unchecked military industry. Brian37 25 2638 May 26, 2020 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Why don't the dictator regimes be punished by the west? WinterHold 14 1214 March 8, 2019 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  NDT on Trump's "Space Force" EgoDeath 50 5089 February 26, 2019 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2645 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump names Falwell Jr. to Higher Education Task Force Cecelia 8 1528 February 1, 2017 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  American military in afghanistan tor 73 10682 April 14, 2014 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Senshi
  America and military criticism BrokenQuill92 8 2304 January 17, 2014 at 9:45 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  The 14 defining characteristics of fascist regimes Doubting Thomas 3 1046 July 19, 2013 at 9:32 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet