Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 9:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hacking Christianity
RE: Hacking Christianity
(March 23, 2016 at 2:49 pm)Drich Wrote: We know this life is a test, (in a manner of speaking) because we have been given choice. To serve God or to continue to live in sin.

So then if this life is to prove/determine who we want to serve for eternity, then what purpose would be served if before we have the ability to cognitively choose God or sin, we die and goto Heaven???

Granted no where in the bible does it say we simply get plugged back in 'the matrix' if we die as children (that's why church doctrine tells us we goto heaven if church law is followed correctly... and why i said 'what if..') But we do indeed have examples for people (prophets) getting plugged back 'in the matrix' found in the book of revelation. so it is possible if indeed we have been given this life to prove to ourselves where our hearts lie.

Then I would ask, how do you know you didn't ask to be born?

If it isn't in the bible, it isn't in this discussion and that's the end of it. My scheme still works. Anything I say beyond this point is off topic but that's fine with me.

You ask, "what purpose would be served?" I don't know what you are talking about. The alternative is this: God could just have us all born directly into heaven. Now this would truly be a loving god. So what if we didn't go through some gruesome, twisted, Saw-inspired test? That is sick. A loving god could show his creations nothing but amazing bliss, beauty, love, and creativity. He could prevent us from ever being mutilated, raped, tortured, strangled, shot, eaten alive, and emotionally abused (which is arguably the worst of all).

If life has some divine purpose, then, I really don't know what it is or care about it. I'll skip it, but thanks. I'm ready for heaven baby.

How do I know I didn't ask to be born? Because A) I don't remember doing so and B) I think I would have had to have been a total idiot to do so, so I doubt I would have and then forgotten about it. This is a very silly question.

But we can run the whole experiment again right now. I don't believe in God, right? Well, if he were to appear to me out of thin air right now and say "HELLO AMINE! I'M GOD AND I HAVE A CHOICE FOR YOU! YOU CAN LIVE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AND GO TO HEAVEN IF YOU ACCEPT ME AND HELL IF YOU DON'T, OR YOU CAN DIE. OH, AND HERE'S THE CATCH, IF YOU CHOOSE THE FIRST OPTION, YOU FORGET THAT YOU CHOSE IT!" Then I would say, "I'd rather die, goodbye." No way would I ever take even the slightest risk of going to hell forever.

Messages In This Thread
Hacking Christianity - by Amine - March 22, 2016 at 11:13 am
RE: Hacking Christianity - by Foxaèr - March 22, 2016 at 11:38 am
RE: Hacking Christianity - by dyresand - March 22, 2016 at 1:20 pm
RE: Hacking Christianity - by GUBU - March 23, 2016 at 6:53 am
RE: Hacking Christianity - by robvalue - March 22, 2016 at 12:33 pm
RE: Hacking Christianity - by brewer - March 22, 2016 at 4:41 pm
RE: Hacking Christianity - by Amine - March 22, 2016 at 5:05 pm
RE: Hacking Christianity - by Drich - March 23, 2016 at 8:47 am
RE: Hacking Christianity - by Amine - March 23, 2016 at 1:47 pm
RE: Hacking Christianity - by Drich - March 23, 2016 at 2:49 pm
RE: Hacking Christianity - by Amine - March 23, 2016 at 3:57 pm
RE: Hacking Christianity - by brewer - March 23, 2016 at 2:39 pm
RE: Hacking Christianity - by FebruaryOfReason - March 23, 2016 at 4:04 pm
RE: Hacking Christianity - by Minimalist - March 23, 2016 at 6:34 pm
RE: Hacking Christianity - by robvalue - March 23, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7061 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8565 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18490 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)