Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 2:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God said People who have Flat Noses Canot Serve Him
RE: God said People who have Flat Noses Canot Serve Him
(April 27, 2016 at 12:19 pm)Drich Wrote: TRS-Respectfully (or not Tongue)You are incorrect. Sociopathy is a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience. Rather no sense of right or wrong, and can act without remorse. One can feel empathy, they are simply not bound to act on it.

Yeah, technically it's called "Antisocial Personality Disorder", and is more complex than I was making it out for the sake of a simple argument. However, I've read quite a bit about it (I was trying to understand the behavior of the high percentage of sociopaths around me, at the time), and I'll summarize from the Psychology Today article about it:

"The severity of symptoms of antisocial personality disorder can vary in severity. The more egregious, harmful, or dangerous behavior patterns are referred to as sociopathic or psychopathic. There has been much debate as to the distinction between these descriptions. Sociopathy is chiefly characterized as a something severely wrong with one's conscience; psychopathy is characterized as a complete lack of conscience regarding others. Some professionals describe people with this constellation of symptoms as "stone cold" to the rights of others."

Emphasis my own. This is why we keep calling you that.

(April 27, 2016 at 12:19 pm)Drich Wrote: lol You are saying all communists are sociopaths? You do know that represents about 1/2 the planet's population right? This is what makes you a douche. Again, you think your moral values are absolute. Meaning you think your right is universally right and your wrong is universally wrong. 1/2 the world's population would disagree.

Because in order for you to be right and all communists to be sociopaths, your value system would indeed have to be absolute and they would have to be willingly violating this universal right and wrong to favor their indoctrination as you put it.

Wait, where exactly did I say that? Nor did I say all Christians are. I am saying that it is possible for a program of indoctrination, such as communism or Christianity for example, to erode a person who naturally respects the rights of others and empathizes with them until they treat others who are different from what the program says is "okay" with a level of contempt that is indistinguishable from sociopathic behavior.

(April 27, 2016 at 12:19 pm)Drich Wrote: How about this sport.. Let's maybe consider for a moment your pop morality only represents maybe 1/4 to 1/8 of the world's population. meaning your right and wrong are not the right and wrongs communists consider to be moral. Meaning they have their own value system. If they have their own morality then a communists who abides with in the value system is not a sociopath moron, he is just of a different culture! One that happens to be in the majority of values this planet operates under.

It's funny to see you argue from a position of moral absolutes when you've done so much to wash yourself from it.

Respect for the inherent humanity and inherent dignity of all your fellow human beings (even and especially those who are very different from myself), and allowing them the maximum possible liberty under that recognition (provided they do no harm to others) is a Humanistic value, and I have never said otherwise. There is no such thing as a moral absolute, and I have never said otherwise. I can, however, tag you as a douchebag for your willingness to ignore the growing recognition, which you label "pop morality", that all people are entitled to Equal Protection and equal value as human beings.

(April 27, 2016 at 12:19 pm)Drich Wrote: You don't know how analogies work either... cute. look here sport and I might could learn you sumthin.
All I have to do to make an analogy is tie one aspect.. just one aspect of (in this case a tool) to humanity and the analogy is legit. you can't make a sweeping dismissal on your 'say so.' In my tool analogy I tied multiple aspects between tools and humanity, I even quoted 1cor where it was expanded. This is an analogy found in scripture to explain our various roles in the church, and in service to God in the New and Old Testament. Like it or not sport the analogy stands.

And thaaaaaaaaaaaat's why I said I'm sure the priests who established your religious system were in favor of a stratified, hierarchical set of roles for all the people beneath them, with them established as "the most holy/pure". But humans are not tools, and it is a failed analogy. People are just people, complex and varied, and have many tools... you can have a person who is a pastor on the weekend and also an amazing science teacher during the week. You can have a person who is a Jack-of-all-trades, and has skill at nearly everything. What you cannot have is a person who is disqualified from a role they are otherwise capable of filling because of a simple deformity, disease, or "blemish". That's unique to religious thinkers, and is in defiance of everything I stand for as an American. You can justify your shit any way you want, but it still stinks.

(April 27, 2016 at 12:19 pm)Drich Wrote: Again not a sociopath issue. This is a societal issue. for them this is no different than a soldier sacrificing himself to strike down his enemy.

My point is that their actions are indistinguishable from those of a natural-born sociopath, as a result of the religious indoctrination they received which tells them that those who are different from them are not worthy of protection, but of pain and death. It is indeed societal, and religion is the major part of that society which does the eroding of natural human empathy. That's why we refer to the meme that is called Christianity (and religion in general) on occasion as a "virus", because of the way it hijacks other software/memes that operate on our hardware.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Messages In This Thread
RE: God said People who have Flat Noses Canot Serve Him - by TheRocketSurgeon - April 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 390 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 578 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 2048 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2683 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1578 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5610 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? possibletarian 367 68689 November 24, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  And God Said Minimalist 24 3542 October 20, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3147 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2753 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus