Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 10:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
His throne is on water..stunning scientific theory that the Quran foretold 1400 y ago
RE: His throne is on water..stunning scientific theory that the Quran foretold 1400 y ago
(April 29, 2016 at 7:48 am)Irrational Wrote: No, sorry, Atlas, "superfluid" is not the same as water. Plus, we're still not certain what the exact structure of the universe is AFAIK. This is just a hypothesis at this point.

http://hamariweb.com/dictionaries/water_...nings.aspx

Quote:
  1. (n.) Any liquid secretion, humor, or the like, resembling water; esp., the urine.

Language is not on the side of your argument; irrational.
Though I completely agree on the second part of your comment; superfluid is still a hypothesis.

Stimbo

Quote:All hail the übermensch!

How do you pronounce that ><?

No, we won't reach the height of mountains or crack open the earth below on march; but we can sure become -or try our best- to become "that" person who does good and brings salvation to himself & -in through saving himself-:brings salvation to others.

Quote:And who gets to decide these weaknesses? You? Why do you have such a problem with the human condition?

If you can't resist it and it overwhelms you; then that is your weak spot. Just like anger; if somebody has a problem with you, he might keep raising the bet like an idiot in a poker game, despite having a lame hand, it ends up with him losing the whole match.

There, you can see that he can't reject his will to "hurt you", can't resist it all, the aftermath is him going in a never ending cycle of chasing his own tail, repeating himself over and over.

In wars -like chess-, you must focus on caughting "patterns of weakness" like that if you wanted to win; if you were to join the ranks of great tacticians.

That's how I define weakness.
It can lead to good things too; anyways..I don't hate weakness, it's a double edged weapon TBH.

Quote:Actually, we are the sum of our "desires and attributes" - in fact, that's pretty much what 'attributes' means. Take away those things, or deny them, and you no longer have a human being; you have an obedient, unquestioning drone. Is that what you want to be?

The desire shape our fate, and our end. For some attributes, they are developed because of our own actions, while some others are inherited indeed. 

I was wrong when I included "desire" in my sentence; accept my apology. I thought about it, and reconsidered. I would say: we are the sum of of our desires and actions. 

Quote:I don't care. Scripture-spam is just white noise, intended to fog the issue with the conceit of profundity. I don't play that game.

My logic was united with that of the book. I speak with it now.
It's not a white noise or ego. It's rather what fills my brain; the bricks that build my logic.

And the faults in my method are not due to it; they are due to me.

MNMP

Quote:So why didn't somebody like Ibn al-Haytham, or another thinker from that great Arab age preceding the European Renaissance, look at the Quran and say: "The Quran says Allah's Throne is above water, is there a way we can confirm this Quran Iyaht?" Why is it never the Quran that leads people to scientific discoveries? Has any scientist ever looked at the Quran and claimed that it has lead them to a scientific discovery? Why are these only scientific miracles only after the science says it's true or seriously considering them (though in the case of super fluids you are mistaken)?

I frankly have no answer, but I incline to say "how" and maybe "low self-esteem" ?. All the Sunni refrences I saw -I searched in Arabic so Hadith refrences also asserted it- are admitting that the throne of God is on water, and when ancient sayings+Quran say the same thing, it means the POV is extreamly strong beyond measure. 

I'll copy one saying for a scholar called "Al-Rabee'e Ibn Anas" الربيع ابن انس; it's my own translation; it can be found in Arabic here:

http://library.islamweb.net/newlibrary/d...=49&ID=772

وقال [b]الربيع بن أنس [/b]: ( [b]فلما خلق السموات والأرض ، قسم ذلك الماء قسمين ، فجعل نصفا تحت العرش ، وهو البحر المسجور . 

Al-Rabee'e Ibn Anas said: (and his throne was on the water), when he created heaven and earth, he divided that water into two: made one under the throne; that is "al bahr al masgoor".

I should note, that "al bahr al masgoor" in Islamic literature, is mentioned in the Quran, and it is said that it's above us, as this saying for "Ali" states:

http://library.islamweb.net/newlibrary/d...51&ID=1810

وروى [b]الضحاك [/b]عن [b]النزال بن سبرة [/b]عن [b]علي [/b]أنه قال في البحر المسجور : هو بحر تحت العرش ، غمره كما بين سبع سموات إلى سبع أرضين ، فيه ماء غليظ يقال له : بحر الحيوان . يمطر العباد بعد النفخة الأولى منه أربعين صباحا فينبتون في قبورهم هذا قول [b]مقاتل [/b]أقسم الله بهذه الأشياء . ([b]نازل كائن . 

And the Dahhak foretold, that Al-Nazal the son of Sabra said, that Ali said about "Al bahr al masgoor": it is a sea below the throne, its depth is like the depth between seven heavens to sevens earths, thick water is in it, called: "The sea of the animal/Bahr Al Hayawan". It rains on the slaves after the first blow from it 40 years, so they blossom from their graves...my translation,ends here, the rest is not much.

You can obviously see that they believed in it blindly; a leap of faith if were to be honest; but had no idea what the verse is about.. but it's obvious that the concept is in Islam's core.

Nobody saw what is above, that's for sure..if a new theory refered to something relevant to the verse, in such an obvious matter, indded we gotta comment as Quran readers and believers.

Quote:I think it's a little unfair to blame people for their dictators. If you were conditioned from birth to believe Adolf Hitler is the greatest man ever, you'd probably believe that. And the threats of violence if you don't do as you're told probably keep a lot of people quiet. People don't like living in Saudi, you even said so yourself, but al-Saud will shoot or stone them if they disobey.

And, you know, these henchmen of al-Saud, just some of the bigots on this Earth, sincerely believe that they are doing the work of Allah. They make Allah look weak in the process of course, though, because if drawing Muhammad was really that bad, Allah would retaliate. Quran 13:13 says Allah will strike people with lightning, in'sha'Allah.

MNMP ! Hey ! I grew up in Saudi Arabia, and was fed all types of Wahhabi/Tribal bullshit, I was taught to worship the Sauds, the king, the long-bearded goat-like scholars, and to hate westerners -wish that they die and their women to become my slaves-, but I grew up to be the AtlasS you see here, and I thank God dearly for that..I grew up to be the villain you see, from 1 to 10, rate my love to the Sauds xD so I can totally say that you're wrong !

I don't agree with what you said about the dictators, but the Saud henchmen, I totally agree: they are the worst, actually, the worst punishment for the Sauds is their own ego and filthy excess spending: did you here about the "2030" plan? their oil is ending, and they are literally panicking,  don't worry, their reign of terror is about to end soon, the demonic century that punished humanity for so long is falling down..

Messages In This Thread
RE: His throne is on water - by Jenny A - March 25, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Not convinced - by Redbeard The Pink - March 26, 2016 at 12:26 am
RE: Quran Miracle - by ReptilianPeon - March 26, 2016 at 5:43 am
RE: His throne is on water..stunning scientific theory that the Quran foretold 1400 y ago - by WinterHold - April 30, 2016 at 7:31 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3781 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9409 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20729 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2220 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1365 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4632 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2969 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49181 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 13119 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 877 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker