Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In addition to the server, Hilary "abandoned secure line to use home phone"
RE: In addition to the server, Hilary "abandoned secure line to use home phone"
(May 19, 2016 at 3:18 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Forgive my impertinence, but if I'm reading you right, she's guilty of being stupid about handling sensitive business in an insensitive manner -- i.e., lacking common sense?

If you want to label it as lacking common sense, then sure. However I would go slightly further than that. When you are given security clearance and are going to handle sensitive information, you usually have to read and sign a document stating that you understand the procedures in place, and the importance of handling sensitive data properly. So at the very least, she knew what the procedures were (assuming she actually read the document) and skirted around some of them.

(May 19, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Rhythm Wrote: If the documents were not classified when they were sent or received, then it's difficult to see how she would be culpable.  If documents, retroactively classified by the government, are floating around somewhere without her knowledge and not under her direct control...she's not the governments paper chaser.  I wouldn't surprise me to find that I had retroactively classified maps in my dresser drawer -right now-...but it would surprise me to find that someone described my storage of those maps as irresponsible...since I'm neither responsible for their classification, have knowledge of their classification, or have been tasked with the security of retroactively classified documents to which I'm not aware.

Again, I agree she's likely not guilty of any crime concerning those documents. However, she is ultimately responsible (though not legally) if those documents end up in the hands of foreign governments, as they may have done. I believe I gave an example in another thread or earlier in this one, of how a document sent via her unsecured (i.e. no encryption) server whilst she was in China could have been picked up by the Chinese. That document wasn't classified at the time, but it now is. The end result is that the Chinese government now have a classified document. The reason why is because Clinton set up an insecure server rather than using the secure email she should have been using.

No crime committed, but it's not particularly responsible behavior for someone running for President.

Quote:The evidence we have shows that they tried to set up a secure call and it failed.  It's not much of a stretch to assume that she had other things to do that day, and other..non-classified things to talk on the phone about.  I think you've made a leap, here, is all. It's certainly enough to investigate, but if it were solid evidence of the accusation made, we'd have already seen the charges.

Either way we are both speculating. You think that she may have given up on the call entirely, or decided to talk about non-sensitive things. I think that the fact she asked the aide to call her insecurely shows that she intended to have the call, and may have actually gone through with it. I find it a bit of a stretch to assume that a person who spent an hour trying to make a secure call and ultimately decides on having it insecurely would change the topic of the call.

I never stated anything factually. I'm speculating and thought I made that clear. Neither of us have the facts surrounding the actual call itself, but there's no reason not to speculate given the evidence we do have.

Quote:You mean FBI Director Comey...a GW Bush admin official...and politically appointed public servant?  

Yes, and who appointed him really shouldn't matter. I trust Comey to know what he's talking about when it comes to the FBI than Clinton, that's what I'm saying. The FBI investigate crimes, they don't review the security of politician's private servers. The investigation is a criminal one, to see if the server was used to commit crimes. Clinton is the one doing the whitewashing.

Quote:As to reasons not to vote for her that preceded this newest scandal......how much time you got buddy?  Wink

Oh I'm well aware of all the reasons not to vote for her. This one is the strongest for me, probably because of my background in cyber security.

Messages In This Thread
RE: In addition to the server, Hilary "abandoned secure line to use home phone" - by Tiberius - May 19, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6 of 7 great seven is use Latin ABC Interaktive 26 2249 April 28, 2022 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump Claims He Can Use Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship Seraphina 43 3367 November 2, 2018 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What news sources do you guys use and/or trust? EgoDeath 13 1112 October 12, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Use this to check your irony meter. Gawdzilla Sama 5 544 August 6, 2018 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Should Hilary Run In The Next Election (The Unbiased Version) Amarok 67 9822 July 25, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  In the Line of Duty A Theist 98 11768 February 13, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "Republicunt": why use terms like this? shadow 162 23550 November 27, 2017 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sessions, In Addition To Being A Racist Shit Is Also A Liar Minimalist 3 782 July 21, 2017 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Trumps Cell Phone chimp3 9 2015 June 2, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  I still call "Arnhem Land" home! ignoramus 7 1306 January 24, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: ignoramus