Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 4:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shia Islamic Argument for the existence of God
RE: Shia Islamic Argument for the existence of God

I don't think I've seen anything in the argument (Proof of the Veracious) itself that makes it so a non-Shia can't use it. So maybe you could refine it? Refine it and trim the excess. Ibn Sina was very intelligent person - and just because he was (probably) Shia doesn't mean he has to be dismissed. We are assured that this argument has links to the Quran in the first post in this topic, if you look at it closely (more on that later).

Every religious person knows Kalam and that is from Sunni. I suppose one could argue that an Iyaht Quran 52:35 might be where people go the idea from Kalam from. But I always find it funny when Kuffar use the argument. The argument is so vague that there is nothing in it that points to any particular deity.

But anyway, Atlas, you said there are enough proofs in just the Quran. So I don't know why I don't see the first post in this topic, the one laying out the Proof of the Veracious claim, any Quran Iyaht. TheMuslim tells us in the first post of this topic that Ibn Sina says that he derived the Proof of the Veracious from the Quran and Hadiths.

Maybe the key is the Shia Hadith. But apparently there is support for the argument in the Quran. But I don't why I should take literature that says graves the Sahabah will be dug up by an Imam or whatever (which is rather "eh?") seriously, but maybe TheMuslim will convince me otherwise. I mean, why waste your time on grudges. Does the Quran really not say anywhere to forgive people? If Allah is really on the side of the Imams there is no need to dig up graves because those (evil) people will be suffering in the hellfire anyway, right? Is the Hellfire not punishment enough?

It seems excessive to dig up the graves. You appear on the Earth and one of the first things that you do is dig up the graves of your enemies? That's just silly. And it's certainly not going to win people over.

I am sure that you would also like to know of these Quran Iyaht. If Proof of the Veracious is in the Quran, as has been claimed by Ibn Sina (and, therefore, TheMuslim), we would expect to find the Iyaht. So perhaps TheMuslim can elaborate on that?

How many different species will in the ensuing word salad, I wonder, Atlas? Yes, one can take words to do gymnastics, but they can also make a fine salad. And then you add a bit of Shia seasoning on the top. I don't know if it will make nice salad. But we'll see.

My post was somewhat long so I hope I have avoided a word entreé. Word salads can be a fun thing to delve into. Often contradicting flavours are added. So I hope we can exmine these Quran Iyaht.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shia Islamic Argument for the existence of God - by ReptilianPeon - May 26, 2016 at 2:29 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 819 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The existence of God smithd 314 22036 November 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1910 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6657 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Best arguments for or against God's existence mcc1789 22 3056 May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 8380 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 14205 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 14338 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Arguments for God's Existence from Contingency datc 386 43393 December 1, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  A good argument for God's existence (long but worth it) Mystic 179 33784 October 26, 2017 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0