Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 4:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why can't Christians Verify Exactly Where Jesus Was Buried?
RE: Why can't Christians Verify Exactly Where Jesus Was Buried?
(September 14, 2016 at 4:44 am)Firefighter01 Wrote: Yes, if you believe in the Bible story, he had God as his father and the Virgin Mary as his mother.  But I asked you whether you think that Jesus of the Bible had a literal family relationship.
Okay, I think you're missing the point here. Jesus had to have had two natural parents who are named in the Bible as Joseph and Mary. All I said is that he had to have had parents, not that we know absolutely they were Joseph and Mary - but it would seem the most likely as no other candidates are named as his parents. I did not suggest that Jesus's literal father was Jehovah.

(September 14, 2016 at 4:44 am)Firefighter01 Wrote: He may have written a lot, but not what is written in the gospels about his birth, location (I don't even think he writes about Nazareth or Bethlehem), ministry, miracles apart from the resurrection, cleansing of the temple, ride into  Jerusalem, arrest, or trial.  All the stuff about him being alive on Earth in other words.

Right, so much of that is stuff we wouldn't really expect Paul to write about, as it's not his focus.

(September 14, 2016 at 4:44 am)Firefighter01 Wrote: He does. 1 Corinthians 15King James Version (KJV) is an example.

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

That's not the same. He never opens a letter saying "Paul, brother of Jesus".

(September 14, 2016 at 4:44 am)Firefighter01 Wrote: He isn't though.  I note that he was educated at Christ's College. I find it hard to believe that you dismiss the nativity stories, yet you and Scott are convinced of the trial and crucifixion stories.  I wouldn't find it hard to believe that Scott probably thinks the nativity stories are fair dinkum too.

Firstly I never said I was "convinced" of the trial, and if you'd bothered to check you would have realised that Scott like almost any other historian of ancient Rome agrees that Jesus would have been convicted under Pilate without any Jewish influence, and they would not be influenced by the Jewish authorities to carry out a crucifixion.

Here you are clearly demonstrating your prejudice against the profession, so once again I ask you to explain it please. How is it any different from being prejudiced against modern medicine or other academic fields of study?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't Christians Verify Exactly Where Jesus Was Buried? - by Aractus - September 15, 2016 at 12:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2274 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1088 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Jesus wants passionate christians purplepurpose 3 669 April 1, 2023 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5437 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why do so many Christians claim to be former Atheists? Cecelia 42 6389 April 1, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why can't Christians Verify Exactly Where Jesus Was Buried? Firefighter01 0 506 August 31, 2016 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Firefighter01
Video The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work Mental Outlaw 1346 255383 July 2, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Why I hate Right Wing Christians bussta33 31 6375 April 16, 2016 at 5:28 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Historian explains why Jesus ''mythers'' aren't taken seriously by most Historians TheMessiah 456 58501 July 1, 2015 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How can Christians and Atheist respect each other's beliefs? Hezekiah 50 9412 October 5, 2014 at 2:47 am
Last Post: robvalue