Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 10:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior
RE: Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior
(October 10, 2016 at 7:44 pm)EruptedCarcassBloat Wrote: This sort of behavior leads to a culture that disrespects people who are different, and the end result is no different from Donald Trump supporters. I know that it's two different breeds of people, but the result is the same. Intolerance and frankly ignorance, ignorance because what the hell do you ever have a problem with people who want to identify as whatever gender they make up for? It's hurting no one. It's just hate mongering.
Poking fun at someone for saying stupid shit is not the same as "disrespecting them because they are different" and it is not "hate mongering". It's just having jokes about someone saying stupid shit.

There were things that were said about gamergate that I did find very disgusting and distateful, like the threats of violence and rape. Complain about that I'm right there with you. People shouldn't be getting openly attacked for their views like I said earlier.

But if we're talking about people getting butthurt because someone simply laughed and made jokes at an unfounded or illogical idea of theirs, we're being really petty and high schoolish. People with that mentality really don't need to be on the internet and won't survive 2 minutes of social interaction in the real world, sorry that's just the truth.

In itself I don't care that much if you want to call yourself one of these unicorn identities. I just wish these people wouldn't get so butthurt when people question what it means, and wonder why a more well-known term that means the same thing won't suffice instead... naturally leading to judgments of special snowflake-ism.

And again this is exactly what I'm talking about with the black/white "with or against" mentality. "It's just hate mongering". No tbh, I'm gay and would even describe myself as "genderqueer" if I could take the GQ community more seriously, so I definitely don't "hate" them. I have an opinion about their habit for liberally inventing new pointless terms, that doesn't mean I'm against being gender-nonconforming or "hate" people who are. That's you saying that.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior - by Regina - October 10, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gorillas pose for selfie with DR Congo anti-poaching unit Duty 21 2203 April 22, 2019 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fuck you, anti-vaxxers bennyboy 32 3570 February 11, 2019 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Social Anxiety Bahana 10 1056 October 4, 2017 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anti-Vaxx Asshole Wakes Up Minimalist 48 5106 September 22, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anti-Vaxxer Sympathy SmootherPebble 131 23604 October 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Jaxxie1181
  Anti vaxers at it again? KichigaiNeko 7 2061 May 16, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Anti-vac children on the line Kayenneh 10 5077 January 26, 2014 at 10:30 pm