Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 6:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to say when somebody asks about the big bang
RE: What to say when somebody asks about the big bang
(October 17, 2016 at 11:01 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(October 17, 2016 at 10:50 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: Yes. Geometrically.  Just as a circular vibrating container of water predicts circular internal standing wave forms..it does not predict squares or triangle or an infinite number of other possible shapes...it structurally predicts only one shape, circular.

My model structurally predicts internal two part spherical standing wave forms with an inner nucleus and an outer border condition defined by a field of probable location.

You should probably lay out the equations which allow you such insight so that others might benefit. We have physicists and mathematicians here. Surely your work would benefit from their reviews.

Surely it would and eventually will. I'm 100% certain it can be expressed mathematically and someone will easily figure it out. But that person is not me at this time. The potential science/math/technological application of all this can tap into a great deal of power so I am focusing on the ideological and responsibility aspects first, lest we destroy ourselves with knowledge sans wisdom (again). In a nut shell I'm not interested in starting a "zero-point" energy arms race. But on the same hand we will destroy ourselves and this planet continuing to use explosive/resource consuming technology. Lot's of other factors involved in me even considering pursuing and publishing this at all.

I see the mathematic and technological developments as absolutely inevitable and once the genie is out of the bottle it cannot be put back in. So I aim to increase our consciousness before we are saddled with a power we could hardly be trusted to handle without self destruction.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/10/sc...-will-too/

In an interview in the Sunday Times, physicist, TV show host (Stargazing Live) and former D:Ream keyboard player Brian Cox theorizes that civilizations which evolve to the point of having the technological and scientific capabilities to travel to other planets will instead use that knowledge to destroy themselves before their governmental systems have a chance to coordinate the endeavor.

"One solution to the Fermi paradox is that it is not possible to run a world that has the power to destroy itself and that needs global collaborative solutions to prevent that. It may be that the growth of science and engineering inevitably outstrips the development of political expertise, leading to disaster."

In other words, those who develop the power to destroy themselves are doomed to do it.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder

Messages In This Thread
What to say when somebody asks about the big bang - by zak - October 16, 2016 at 7:33 am
RE: What to say when somebody asks about the big bang - by Arkilogue - October 17, 2016 at 11:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did the Big Bang happen? JairCrawford 50 4217 May 18, 2022 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3296 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Just When I Thought I Understood the Big Bang Rhondazvous 19 2620 January 23, 2018 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  If the Universe Collapses Because of a False Vacuum, Won't There Just be Another Big Rhondazvous 11 2555 November 8, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Big Bang and QM bennyboy 1 637 September 10, 2017 at 4:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How big is the universe? Rhondazvous 77 12330 August 1, 2017 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Teaching the Big bang theory to Preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 5 1671 June 24, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  I wrote the first book to teach the Big Bang theory to Preschoolers! GeorgiasTelescope 0 667 June 12, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: GeorgiasTelescope
  The Science of the Big Bang RiddledWithFear 13 2381 December 7, 2016 at 10:47 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
Smile "Science of the Big Bang" Rough Draft and Secondary Draft RiddledWithFear 4 1689 December 6, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: RiddledWithFear