Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 9:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to say when somebody asks about the big bang
RE: What to say when somebody asks about the big bang
(October 18, 2016 at 12:30 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That's one hell of a god who made us then, don't you think? Almost makes you think he prefers us dumb, wouldn't you say? All of us except you, right?

Better get cracking on your "logic" and hypothesis, there -- time's running out.

Still waiting for something more than gobbledygook here. I'm already havig a salad with my dinner -- chicken leg-quarters smoked over pecan, rice, and yes, a nice salad.

You salad of verbiage is not necessary, and sure not conducive to insight.

My understanding of the GOD who made us is that we/universes are the result of a self expression of that GOD and there is nothing that can stop the precipitous fulfillment of that Word. In my model we are all doomed to perfection and eternal life. You might not prefer that hypothetical option either. I have exactly the same inherent capacities as everyone else. I have simple developed and specialized differently...largely due to environmental pressure of the current world state of strife and suffering being a religious mess.

The way I convey might not resonate with you but it does with others...so I am here learning new tongues and thank you for the reflections. If you have any specific questions or places you want clarification or to take me to task, I welcome it. Cheers!
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder

Messages In This Thread
What to say when somebody asks about the big bang - by zak - October 16, 2016 at 7:33 am
RE: What to say when somebody asks about the big bang - by Arkilogue - October 18, 2016 at 12:44 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did the Big Bang happen? JairCrawford 50 4227 May 18, 2022 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3296 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Just When I Thought I Understood the Big Bang Rhondazvous 19 2620 January 23, 2018 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  If the Universe Collapses Because of a False Vacuum, Won't There Just be Another Big Rhondazvous 11 2555 November 8, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Big Bang and QM bennyboy 1 637 September 10, 2017 at 4:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How big is the universe? Rhondazvous 77 12332 August 1, 2017 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Teaching the Big bang theory to Preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 5 1671 June 24, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  I wrote the first book to teach the Big Bang theory to Preschoolers! GeorgiasTelescope 0 667 June 12, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: GeorgiasTelescope
  The Science of the Big Bang RiddledWithFear 13 2381 December 7, 2016 at 10:47 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
Smile "Science of the Big Bang" Rough Draft and Secondary Draft RiddledWithFear 4 1689 December 6, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: RiddledWithFear