Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 6:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to say when somebody asks about the big bang
RE: What to say when somebody asks about the big bang
(October 18, 2016 at 2:12 am)Arkilogue Wrote: I have defined "GOD" repeatedly, several times, exactly the same way. An extant infinite absolute. A field of mass/matter that has no border and takes up all available space (saturate). What we have in the universe is voided space and matter in the form of atoms with mass that occupies 0.0000000000001% of the space of the atom and most of the total mass of the atom is in annihilating virtual particles.

So, your god is 99.9999999+% nothingness. What is the difference between your god and simple reality in the miniscule remainder? Can you actually speak to that?

(October 18, 2016 at 2:12 am)Arkilogue Wrote: You know exactly what "word" I am talking about, don't play dumb. Two places in major world wide religion that link the "word" (vibrational expression of an idea) to God: "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God and the Word was with God." - Bible. "I am the Eternal...I am that which create the Word...I am the Word" Egyptian book of Coming Forth by Day.

I'm not playing dumb; I'm challenging you to go beyond woospeak. No need to get sore about it; if my replies bother you, hey, let me know, I'll shut up. But myself, it seems to me that you're caught between deism and Christianity, and don't really like being asked to peg out your tent.

(October 18, 2016 at 2:12 am)Arkilogue Wrote: The Word was "GOD". It was a self expression of observed self existence "I am that I am" "I am that which Is", "My name is Forever".  It is also a pro-creative act by a living being because vibration creates form and space and life begets life. That is the symmetry break/quantum fluctuation that creates a finite God (manifestation of self expressive Oneness aka the "only begotten son"/God the Son/Word) and the space required to separate it from the original infinite.

See, when you start talking about symmetry break/quantum fluctuation that creates a finite God etc , my bullshit-detector starts klanging; such verbiage is in my experience a sign of someone pontificating for impression rather than expression. Big words don't impress me. Nebulous connections and stream-of-thought poesy is likewise unremarkable.

I'm actually asking you that since you have insight into the nature of this god you percieve, perhaps you could lay out your perceptions ... without the high-falutin' bullshit, preferably.

I'm a dumbass. Keep this shit simple, Swami.

(October 18, 2016 at 2:12 am)Arkilogue Wrote: Now that's all well and good for subjective consciousness but what about objective existence? What are the only objective spatial relationships that can be described of a substance that takes up all space forever? What are it's relativistic equalities? Will you/can you (yes you can) look through "GOD's" eyes with me?

I'll take a vinaigrette, thanks.

Messages In This Thread
What to say when somebody asks about the big bang - by zak - October 16, 2016 at 7:33 am
RE: What to say when somebody asks about the big bang - by Thumpalumpacus - October 18, 2016 at 2:30 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did the Big Bang happen? JairCrawford 50 4217 May 18, 2022 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3296 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Just When I Thought I Understood the Big Bang Rhondazvous 19 2620 January 23, 2018 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  If the Universe Collapses Because of a False Vacuum, Won't There Just be Another Big Rhondazvous 11 2555 November 8, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Big Bang and QM bennyboy 1 637 September 10, 2017 at 4:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How big is the universe? Rhondazvous 77 12331 August 1, 2017 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Teaching the Big bang theory to Preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 5 1671 June 24, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  I wrote the first book to teach the Big Bang theory to Preschoolers! GeorgiasTelescope 0 667 June 12, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: GeorgiasTelescope
  The Science of the Big Bang RiddledWithFear 13 2381 December 7, 2016 at 10:47 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
Smile "Science of the Big Bang" Rough Draft and Secondary Draft RiddledWithFear 4 1689 December 6, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: RiddledWithFear