Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian
(June 4, 2011 at 3:04 am)Godschild Wrote: God gave man the insight not to slaughter people of any race, they just ignor the teachings of Christ when they do such terrible things. Let me be clear about what I'm saying here, yes there were christians involved in the terrible treatment of Indians but I do not believe that christians were the majority.

But there in lies the problem as the people responsible for building this country were mostly the same ones responsible for the slaughter. So to claim that the founders were Christians being guided by god, is to claim the slaughter was by perpetrated by Christians. I'm not saying they were following Christian doctrine when they were doing it, but either Christians were responsible for the atrocities or they were not responsible for the founding of the country.

Godschild Wrote:People with that kind of hate for another race have little in the way of christian values, being basicly a white man (though I do have some Cherokee blood from my great grandmother) I can not completely understand what you feel and am sorry that such acts were committed by the whites. My ancestors were still in Ireland when most of fighting with the Indians was going on.

Actually, I am mostly white myself, but my mother is 1/4 Choctaw. So this leaves me as only 1/8 Native American, which isn't a whole lot, but it's still enough to register as an official member of the Choctaw tribe. I don't claim to speak for Native Americans as a whole as some of my ancestors were surely killing my other ancestors, but I've always felt a sickening in my heart for what the settlers did to the natives. Since I found out about my heritage though, it has become more personal.

Godschild Wrote:God did not form a country just for white people, they just happen to be the majority at the time, God wanted a christian nation no matter what color ones skin. God does not even look at skin color or any other physical appearance those things are not important to Him, God looks inside a person and judges his heart ie. thoughts. The reason God used the white man to bring about this nation is they were the majority of christians and were basicly the ones who would spread the gospel of Jesus. There is no way to undo the past, I wish there was, I believe that being able to learn from the Indian how to cherish the land would of found this country in a better situation, instead we know have a land that is being worn away by greed. You know when we get right down to it greed is what brought about the atrocities against the Indians and God has said that greed is the root to all evil. It's getting very late will try to respond to the last part tomorrow.

My point is that if God truly wanted a Christian nation, why didn't he guide it to have a pure foundation? Surely God would not want his ideal nation built on the blood of the innocent, correct?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by RAD - May 29, 2011 at 9:38 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by RAD - May 30, 2011 at 11:40 am
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by RAD - May 30, 2011 at 12:44 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by RAD - May 31, 2011 at 12:02 am
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by Cinjin - May 30, 2011 at 10:59 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by Cinjin - May 31, 2011 at 12:21 am
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by Faith No More - June 4, 2011 at 9:47 am
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by fr0d0 - May 31, 2011 at 7:18 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by RAD - May 31, 2011 at 9:09 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by fr0d0 - June 1, 2011 at 4:21 am
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by Violet - June 1, 2011 at 10:40 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by Darth - June 4, 2011 at 10:32 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confessions of a former Christian fundamentalist. Jehanne 56 14686 December 27, 2015 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Delicate
Video Zodiac Signs and Horoscopes Mental Outlaw 11 1962 October 8, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The Very Model of a Modern Fundamentalist TheRocketSurgeon 12 3927 September 11, 2015 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: kramazeek
  Today, I disowned my fundamentalist christian uncle. bluemonday 24 6696 March 1, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Fundamentalist Mormon child labor (CNN report) Doubting_Thomas 1 1519 December 8, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fundamentalist Pastor Takes to YouTube to Fault Women for All Social Ills Ziploc Surprise 9 5466 May 13, 2012 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: orogenicman
  Writers: if you're not Judeo-Christian, chances are you suck. thesummerqueen 52 20904 February 15, 2012 at 11:15 am
Last Post: LarissaAnn
  Church signs everythingafter 21 5519 September 1, 2010 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: lrh9
  Ordinary vs fundamentalist Christian Darwinian 37 11551 September 10, 2009 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Violet