Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 4:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(November 7, 2016 at 3:06 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(November 7, 2016 at 3:03 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: It's not. He's admitted to praying for people to get cancer.

What I remember is he prayed for whatever it would take for someone to become close with God. Whether that be a good thing, a bad thing, cancer, or whatever else. From what I understand, he got cancer and "found his faith again" or something, which would explain his reasoning.  

When you say that to someone who's lost friends and family to cancer, to someone whose son's mother has fought a 16-year running battle with the disease, you get what you pay for.

If you think reasoning is more valuable than considering people's feelings, that's your business. Me, I think there's a better way to make the point that is not hurtful, but still conveys the message. If Drich is your god's messenger, I think your god needs a new HR manager.

The thought occurs to me that an omnipotent god might find another way to draw worshippers than to inflict them with a devastating, painful disease, too ... but that's another discussion. Smile

(November 7, 2016 at 3:06 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I'm not saying it's right. But I do think it's a bit of a misrepresentation to translate that into "he wants us all to get aids."

It's a good thing I didn't say that, then! I'm not defending any charges laid against Drich other than the ones I myself have made. But I am saying he's a black-hearted person. You're free to heed or ignore as you see fit, obviously.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by Thumpalumpacus - November 7, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1914 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious