Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 4:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(December 11, 2016 at 8:08 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: To everyone involved -- comes a time when we should realize we're shoveling good money in after bad.

Picking at wounds generally slows down healing.

Absolutely!

But none of this even had to be a big deal. And it wouldn't even have to be a big deal now either if it weren't for others who would rather hold onto grudges based on their own complete misrepresenation of what someone said and damage a friendship than actually treat a spade as a spade, just feelings as just feelings and differences of opinion as differences of opinion.

It's ironically not me that can't let go. I don't always drop subjects but I don't hold onto resentment in the first place merely because someone disagrees with me. Nor do I project my own inability to handle a difference of opinion onto the other person.

There's literally no resentment to let go of. Not always the case on the other side...

I have friends that I disagree on on many things and it's obviously all completely fine because they're friends.

Psychological projection is far more common than I thought. In my experience I'm starting to learn that it's literally the people who can't handle disagreement who tell me to let things go and accuse me of not being able to handle disagreement when I disagree with them.

Well I already apologized outside of open forum and clearly I'm not the one who needs to apologize anyway because I never got personal.

Here I was apologizing for being rude because I was still a little rude for saying "Horseshit" and "bullshit" even though Judi was far ruder and harsher and got far more personal... I was still rude so I apologized anyway.

And what happens when I return?

People confirm that not only was I completely right but I was even more right than I thought I was. I very much am the one who has to walk on eggshells and I very much am NOT the one who can't handle disagreement.

People who take an attack on their opinions as an attack on them and insult me and misrepresent me and call me a liar... okay those people can fuck off out of my life now please.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) - by Edwardo Piet - December 11, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10801 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 8474 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Mystical 5239 754007 May 3, 2019 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4309 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [user split] Further Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such. Angrboda 8 1512 September 29, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Banana split. Gawdzilla Sama 7 835 July 18, 2018 at 2:41 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  [split] AF Hall of Shame, various discussion including Denmark & bible contradiction Edwardo Piet 181 14546 March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  [split] I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Jesster 229 29790 July 17, 2017 at 2:22 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  [split] Warm Greetings - The Not Welcome-y Stuff BrianSoddingBoru4 74 8168 May 24, 2016 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  [split] FSTDT Fundie Of The Year Awards 2015 Rev. Rye 173 41297 February 3, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Violet