Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 7:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did humanity ignore this as it was never mentioned?
RE: Did humanity ignore this as it was never mentioned?
The quran seems to disagree with the knowledge we have now, the quran says the earth and the heavens were torn apart during the big bang.

First of all I don't know what "the heavens" are, are they the universe?

Modern day descriptions of the big bang don't include the earth because the components that made up the earth wouldn't form to create the earth for several billion years.

The planet we know as Earth didn't exist during the big bang.

The earth is 4.5 billion years old the universe is around 13 billion years old.  So as I said, there would be billions of years of waiting around before there's even an earth in existence after the big bang.

Unless the quran is talking about the components of the earth, I find it unlikely but if it is talking about the components of the earth then this is still a confusing explanation since I don't think anyone would say the earth has been torn apart from the universe/heavens.  The earth is still within the universe, so what is the earth separate from?

The Earth is no more separate from the rest of the universe than any other component that makes up the universe. It isn't a unique focal point.

In my opinion if you look at the earth being torn apart from the heavens it's much more in line with ancient mythology than modern day science.  The belief that the earth was always here, that there's an earth realm and heaven realm and god performed the action of tearing them apart.

I can see why it's tempting to look into all this shit, especially if you've been indoctrinated/mentally abused since childhood with supernatural threats of violence to believe in all this.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did humanity ignore this as it was never mentioned? - by paulpablo - July 16, 2017 at 10:45 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3304 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2995 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 6129 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Vaccinations are Haram apparently, and Muhammadans never get AIDS... ReptilianPeon 1 879 December 27, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Somebody born in space (e.g. on Mars) csn never conduct Hajj or Umrah ReptilianPeon 24 4373 April 4, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  OP ED RANT! Never accuse me of this. Brian37 62 12463 February 21, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ten facts you never knew about Muhammad's religion (lol) ReptilianPeon 11 4213 May 27, 2015 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Prince
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5587 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Call to recognize jihad as crime against humanity mralstoner 40 7701 October 31, 2014 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Muslims, It's Now or Never!!! Christian 4 1595 October 25, 2014 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Minimalist