Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 3:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Modern Science Owe Its Existence to Religion?
RE: Does Modern Science Owe Its Existence to Religion?
(August 4, 2011 at 8:25 pm)Shell B Wrote: Outline is a synonym for chart. Statler Waldorf is a synonym for troll. You are either the most arrogant and willfully obtuse human being I have ever encountered or you are a troll. Either way, I am not wasting my time with your bullshit anymore. Prove your fucking point with a direct link between religion and science. Prove that science would not exist if it were not for religion. You obviously cannot, so I have no reason to return to this thread. I realize that my assessment of you is close enough to rule-breaking to warrant a report, so go ahead and report this post. This "pseudo-mod" would rather take a warning than sit here and try to hold a conversation with someone who is obviously a troll and is not here for reciprocal conversations. I'd be better of talking to my fish.

Yeah you did this last time we talked too, called me a bunch of names and then ran off. You will be back. Yes, I am sure your fish and you would have a lot in common considering it “lacks a belief” in God just like you and didn’t rely on anyone else to arrive at this position :-P

(August 4, 2011 at 8:46 pm)Rhythm Wrote:

I have never heard of that book. It’s not just my position on this; it’s the majority position with historians today. Can you provide any quotes from the original founders of Modern Science where they say being a Wig directly fueled their science? I provided quotes where they said their faith did, so horrible analogy from you, like always.

(August 4, 2011 at 10:35 pm)Epimethean Wrote: I love that position. As if those men would only have thought the great thoughts they did, and made the great discoveries they did, if they worshiped a deity. That sort of thinking might lead one to believe that the only reason Michael Phelps won so many medals at the Olympics was because he smoked pot,

Come on Epim, arguing that they would have done it without their faith is just an argument from ignorance and pure speculation on your part. The fact of the matter is, modern science arose in Western Europe for a reason. The Christian Reformation changed the way men viewed science, and gave them a logical foundation to believe that nature should be explored and was intelligible to men. Historians confirm this, and more importantly the scientists’ very own writings confirm this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Modern Science Owe Its Existence to Religion? - by Statler Waldorf - August 5, 2011 at 3:05 pm
RE: Non-muslim terriorist kills 84 in Norway. - by edk - August 3, 2011 at 5:01 pm
RE: Non-muslim terriorist kills 84 in Norway. - by edk - August 3, 2011 at 5:11 pm
RE: Non-muslim terriorist kills 84 in Norway. - by edk - August 3, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 8218 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Was it a modern day lynching? Not sure it fits the category jasonelijah 29 1348 March 30, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 867 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Saudi Arabia whitewashing its reputation by paying to PR companies WinterHold 0 232 October 17, 2018 at 8:00 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  No. He Does Not Owe An Apology, Douchebag. Minimalist 12 1460 January 18, 2018 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  We Kiwis Owe Mr Trump A YUGE Thank You! BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1444 October 23, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  My thoughts on modern day intersectionalist feminism] Lebneni Murtad 14 3679 March 7, 2017 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Pissy-Gate Rears Its Ugly Head, Again. Minimalist 26 3016 March 5, 2017 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Fuck-Up Fatigue Setting In and Its Only Been A Month Minimalist 4 1345 February 14, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's one of the saddest things of the modern day that the drug war exists EruptedCarcassBloat 14 2021 October 25, 2016 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: abaris