Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Kiwis Owe Mr Trump A YUGE Thank You!
We Kiwis Owe Mr Trump A YUGE Thank You!
As some of you may (or may not) know, we have a new prime minister - Jacinda Ardern.  She is a progressive social democrat, supports gay rights, higher taxes on the wealthy, an increase in the social safety net, and liberalization of current abortion laws.

A Wellington newspaper conducted an informal poll and asked about 500 respondents why they supported Ardern.  24% responded that they voted Labour because Ms. Ardern was the least like Donald Trump of any party leaders on the ballot.

Thank you, Mr.  Trump...just for being you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: We Kiwis Owe Mr Trump A YUGE Thank You!
And the king maker. :-)
Don't thank him, thank us. We're the ones paying for your largess.
We have an old family friend in Dunedin, Otago, so NZ is kind of interesting to me (less angry wildlife than Oz). The PM result kind of surprised me. I thought the government selected the PM (and that this young lady was of a different party than the majority).

It's not even 5am. Maybe I shouldn't post. But she seems lovely.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
The dominoes are falling. Time to wake up america. 

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 22, 2017 at 7:50 am)c172 Wrote: We have an old family friend in Dunedin, Otago, so NZ is kind of interesting to me (less angry wildlife than Oz). The PM result kind of surprised me. I thought the government selected the PM (and that this young lady was of a different party than the majority).

It's not even 5am. Maybe I shouldn't post. But she seems lovely.

Labour and the New Zealand First parties have formed a coalition, which gives them more seats in parliament than the National Party.

The PM is simply the leader of the party with the most seats or, failing that, the leader of the largest party in a coalition government.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
So the WLB is also the ultimate NRM (negative role model Wink).
(October 22, 2017 at 8:11 am)mh.brewer Wrote: The dominoes are falling. Time to wake up america. 

If I wake up will it only be a bad dream?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Can you PLEASE spread some of that sanity over here?
The WLB - Serving as the Bad Example for 9 months now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1063 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36913 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  No. He Does Not Owe An Apology, Douchebag. Minimalist 12 1405 January 18, 2018 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Thank Goodness! Minimalist 1 243 August 16, 2017 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Thank You Charlie Sykes Minimalist 0 401 March 26, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3167 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4135 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1683 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1276 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Thank You, South Africa, but Minimalist 5 1243 November 30, 2015 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Joods