Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 12:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potentially Big News On The Human Evolution Front
RE: Potentially Big News On The Human Evolution Front
(November 20, 2017 at 12:45 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: But I still think it's unlikely that the first thing to ever have existed just popped into existence from nothing. Hence my belief in something that is not bound by the laws of nature.

This doesn't follow though.

God doesn't need an explanation but existence itself must? That's special pleading at its finest.

The way I see it existence itself has always existed, whatever initially existed before the big bang developed into the big bang when time began. No god required. I mean, in a way there are no separate things and everything is one interconnected entity which is existence itself and we make the divisions ourselves when we interpret reality and conceptualize it into separate entities.

It's frustrating when so many theists use the "Something can't come from nothing" argument when if you press them further they basically elaborate with something akin to "Oh except God of course". I agree that something can't come from nothing. Something has always existed but God is completely unnecessary.

So God created the first thing, except himself, which just goes to show he wasn't required, and then he sat back and did nothing for the next 13.8 billion years?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potentially Big News On The Human Evolution Front - by Edwardo Piet - November 20, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Day in History Minimalist 4 2004 October 20, 2014 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris