Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 11, 2024, 7:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for "Our Role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums"
RE: Questions for "Our Role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums"
(May 17, 2018 at 1:10 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Ham, the question I asked you was: Would you support every single person being imprisoned in solitary cells their whole lives, if it would prevent anyone from getting raped/murdered ever?

From what I understand, your answer was yes. What am I misrepresenting?

You were misrepresenting me by quoting my answer out of context and then saying in your post that I was saying I'd rather choose solitary confinement than freedom of all kinds both good and bad.

Yes no child rape for everyone ever probably is a better alternative although it's a close one because a lifetime of solitary confinement is very bad indeed as well.

Again, what does this solitary confinement thing ever have to do anything? It has got nothing to do with free will... and yes I do think child rape is worse than solitary confinement but it's not like God has to choose between one or the other.

I already showed very clearly how you misrepresented me but you had already accused me of doing the same and when I asked you to clarify you didn't... because I have only ever claimed that you said the things that you actually said.

(May 17, 2018 at 1:45 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(May 17, 2018 at 1:10 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Ham, the question I asked you was: Would you support every single person being imprisoned in solitary cells their whole lives, if it would prevent anyone from getting raped/murdered ever?

From what I understand, your answer was yes. What am I misrepresenting?

Hello?

Hi. I wasn't on AF at the time. I do have to do other things sometimes.

(May 17, 2018 at 2:57 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(May 17, 2018 at 11:55 am)Hammy Wrote: Wrong. A possible world without evil can be described. If God was morally perfect he would choose that one.

Lots of ideas for utopia have been proposed. For some reason none of them seem to work. Maybe you're aware of one that does.

This is completely irrelevant.

Bah. Just to show again how you misrepresented me CL:

(May 17, 2018 at 12:22 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: So for everyone else who may be reading and thinks the lifelong prison scenario wouldn't be a better option than allowing freedom (and all the good and bad that may come of such freedom)

That was your reaction to my answering "Yes" to the fact that a lifelong prison scenario for everyone would be better if there was no child rape in the world ever. It has nothing to do with it being "a better option than allowing freedom (and all the good and bad that may come of such freedom)".

Again, what was the actual point in bringing up the solitary confinement thing if after when I answer your question you just react to my answer like that as it I said anything of the sort? Do you think that solitary confinement is worse than child rape?

This is not the issue. God doesn't have to choose between child rape and solitary confinement. We're talking about God intervening to prevent a child rape here... we're not talking about God choosing between allowing child rape on the one hand and putting everyone in solitary confinement on the other hand.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions for "Our Role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums" - by Edwardo Piet - May 17, 2018 at 5:09 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sick Of All The Racist Forums. getfree 5 567 January 3, 2024 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sick Of All The Racist Forums. getfree 1 335 December 27, 2023 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF Neo-Scholastic 132 17904 May 4, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The point to Human Existence? Role of Emotions. LostDays 33 6504 November 14, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest