Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 5:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The world's population should be at most 50 million.
RE: The world's population should be at most 50 million.
(October 10, 2018 at 10:32 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Couldn't we suggest that we arrange for a less destructive manifestation of affluence, before we float the idea of sterilizing the poors?

I for one never floated the idea of sterilizing poor people. If I remember correctly, they tried and failed applying such a policy in India. China's one-child policy was much more effective, but I'm not even suggesting that's a good idea. I mentioned that education for girls has been the most effective way to bring population under control, and access to contraception is just as important.

You are discussing population as if it's not a local problem. Ask people in central Africa, India, and China whether it's a problem.

So let me think. Whose opinions on such issues should I trust, a population expert's or the random internet guy's?

Realism is not pessimism if there exist reasonable and timely solutions for impending problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The world's population should be at most 50 million. - by Alan V - October 11, 2018 at 5:44 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Population boom lifesagift 58 10755 December 18, 2014 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Star Milky Way Could Contain 100 Million Planets with Complex Life MountainsWinAgain 3 1278 June 1, 2014 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  120 Million Years Ago...not 6,000 Minimalist 4 2597 March 10, 2012 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman