Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 3:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy wallstreet demands
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands
Quote:That's not true. Now you are being overly simplistic. You do not necessarily need money to create jobs. You need demand.
Well, you need money.
That is actually it.
You need money. You have to create the working conditions for the employees, you need to pay their wages, and etc. Without actually spending money, you cannot create money, nor jobs.
I know it sounds ridiculous, but that's it. And whatever demand that plays a role here, is not the demand for jobs, it's the demand for goods and services, and employment to provide these, in order to earn money.
Quote:Yes, I am. If you look at the most impoverished cities in the United States, there was typically a booming industry that all of a sudden collapsed, leaving all of the people who lived there jobless. The effects last decades or more.
For exmaple?
Quote:I never said it was, but having a history degree is not a bad thing right now. You can be a consultant for film and television. You can make documentaries. You can have a blog. You can have a book or two, etc. Being a historian is actually not as dead end as you might think.
Well, I didn't say it was bad. I just said it's hard to have a permanent job, or at least a job in which you can rise to be the head of a plant or the like.
Have people working under you.
Quote:Yeah, and if your country goes broke, you're fucked.
But not just you.
Quote:Of course there is. Societies are ever changing things, kilic. There are no dead ends.
Well, depends on the level of change.
Quote:Both are credit cards, in a way. I can use my bank card as a credit card. I have a line of credit with my bank. I pay off my credit cards and my bank cards without a problem. My point is that I HAVE TO use the bank.
Well, true. I also have to use the bank in certain transactions.
But I generally choose interest free ways of paying things.
Quote:No, kilic. I have said it like four times. You can only purchase certain things using a credit card or a bank card with a credit option. I cannot use cash to rent a car, a house, a room, etc. My clients cannot pay me without a bank account. I cannot pay some of my bills without a bank account. Quit dwelling on the credit part and remember why we are discussing this and that is because you said that people choose to use banks. I have no other option, therefore, it is not a choice.
Well, it's probably the case for the country you live in.
Here, hard currency still goes a long way, yes, civil servants and public employees get their salaries via transfer to bank accounts, but rents are almost always in hard currency, or as deposits to another bank account(like actually taking out the money, and sending it to another bank ccount, while getting a receipt and all).
Quote:You keep ignoring half of my points. You said they do not have jobs. Plenty of them do. It is not just about banks being bailed out and yes, they know why they are there. How can you think you know more about what they are doing than they do themselves? It's arrogant.
If they do, what are they doing over there, actually?
Did they take the time out of job to sit around?
It really baffles me.
And again, why on earth are they there?
Quote:It does, but you seem to think a lot of things about the U.S. that just are not correct. FOX News, right?
Well, I haven't watched fox news or whatever, but that's the impression that I have about America, since people are always referring to the law, tax monies, first amendments and etc. when it comes to things..
Quote:It can defy it and does often. At any rate, the different result would come from stemming the federal government. Are you paying attention?
Then it is committing a crime against the federal government. That requires some attention, I think. Federal governments are bullshit imo anyways.
Quote:Kilic, there seems to be a major bridge here that I do not have time to cross. You do not understand that I do not vote for them and that, most of the time, they are lying through their teeth when they are trying to get votes. We're obviously not pondering issues like abortion if you and I are sitting here talking about a U.S. movement regarding the issues we speak of that went global. Duh.
Well, here we are, talking about the real issues that plagues the American public, however, the major political parties do base their political promises on things like abortion, and that's what I meant.
You people just seemed to me like you had so few problems, that you began to discuss things like abortion and the likes out of boredom, and base your political platforms according to these things.
[/code]

[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Messages In This Thread
Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 18, 2011 at 11:28 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Minimalist - November 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 18, 2011 at 9:02 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by paintpooper - November 21, 2011 at 5:49 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by theVOID - November 21, 2011 at 9:04 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by paintpooper - November 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Minimalist - November 18, 2011 at 9:10 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 18, 2011 at 9:22 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 19, 2011 at 1:35 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 19, 2011 at 6:37 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Zen Badger - November 19, 2011 at 6:51 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 19, 2011 at 7:02 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 19, 2011 at 9:54 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 12:15 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 5:23 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 8:56 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Anymouse - November 21, 2011 at 9:55 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 21, 2011 at 11:36 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by theVOID - November 21, 2011 at 11:39 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 22, 2011 at 12:58 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Phaedra - November 22, 2011 at 1:06 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 22, 2011 at 1:28 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Phaedra - November 22, 2011 at 12:05 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 9:14 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 10:06 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 10:58 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 11:48 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 12:09 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 21, 2011 at 1:22 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 1:57 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 21, 2011 at 10:29 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 5:31 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Skeptical_Nurse - November 21, 2011 at 1:59 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 2:02 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Phaedra - November 21, 2011 at 5:01 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 21, 2011 at 6:01 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Mister Agenda - November 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 22, 2011 at 6:13 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 5:05 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Mister Agenda - November 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by theVOID - November 21, 2011 at 10:30 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Autumnlicious - November 21, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  occupy wall street nintendo048 23 6057 March 31, 2014 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Russian forces occupy the Crimea. Mr. Moncrieff 131 16979 March 20, 2014 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Democracy, religion, women and equality. Justice demands affirmative action. Greatest I am 11 7567 January 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Pagan/Wiccan police ask for tolerance at Occupy protests. Anymouse 0 1344 November 29, 2011 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Anymouse
  Fox news smears occupy protestor reverendjeremiah 29 6500 November 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Tear gas fired at occupy Oakland. reverendjeremiah 5 1234 October 28, 2011 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Occupy Wall Street searchingforanswers 91 18920 October 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Occupy Wall Street Fail thesummerqueen 15 3360 October 3, 2011 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious