Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 12:35 pm

Poll: Could a god prove that he was God?
This poll is closed.
Yes.
81.82%
9 81.82%
Never, no matter the evidences.
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God?
RE: Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God?
(January 22, 2023 at 3:47 pm)Objectivist Wrote:
(January 22, 2023 at 2:12 pm)emjay Wrote: Hey there,

Sorry, I wasn't expecting this sort of response... you're welcome Smile

I saw that guy in that video... very animated Wink... do you know him personally then, if you're wanting to sent a copy of my post to him? It's your call of course but I'd prefer you didn't... there's nothing profound in anything I've said, and tbh I don't see what's so controversial about this, that you'd have so much difficulty getting anyone to take it seriously. I mean obviously I haven't learnt the finer points yet, but the general message... or one of many... that logic cannot be, or shouldn't be, separated from facts (ie reality), if I'm understanding that right, seems pretty intuitive to me in hindsight.

Hi Emjay,

No, I don't know him personally and I will respect your wishes.  I just know him from his videos.  I know it would make him happy and proud that something he said got somebody interested in philosophy.  I don't know what's so controversial about it either, but it is.  I've been called every name in the book for expressing these ideas and just the other day someone on this forum called me a sociopathic cultist.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time... from my point of view, what you have say is a breath of fresh air. But just to be clear my interest in it was not really in the sense of looking for a philosophy... as in the sense of a philosophy to live by (Objectivism), but rather that some of the ideas within it were interesting and appealing. That's not to say that I'm not interested now to learn about Objectivism as a whole - which is the subject of that playlist, and which, as long as it is, I really look forward to going through - but just to say that that was not the part that was initially appealing to me; rather the aspects about analysing concepts etc... that sort of thing just always appeals to me. But rest assured I'll watch that playlist with an open mind... I've started already; each lecture is about three hours long but it's relaxing so far and I like what he's saying... I'm just treating it as an audio book because it's basically audio only, and that makes it very relaxing. So who knows where it will lead (Objectivism as a whole)... whether it will resonate with me as a whole, but so far it's looking promising, but even if not, it'll still be something interesting to learn and get my teeth into.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? - by emjay - January 22, 2023 at 5:03 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could God be impotent? Fake Messiah 7 1126 February 25, 2023 at 10:18 am
Last Post: brewer
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2823 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33751 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 7247 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The little church that could. Chad32 21 4306 May 25, 2018 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 837 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Could Hell exist? Europa! 20 4698 September 16, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Why most arguments for God prove God. Mystic 67 8965 March 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Fred Hampton
  Would you attack the Church if you could? Macoleco 108 14474 December 19, 2016 at 2:31 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Could Ireland be restored? EringoBragh 28 4332 August 25, 2016 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4