Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 10:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action
RE: [split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action
(May 31, 2012 at 7:29 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: No offence but I don't see anything here that I legitimately need to counter.
The lack of content for your arguement kind of speaks for itself, theres very little defence for him if any.

Dismiss me if you wish, but don't dare suggest that your kiss-off is anything but your short attention span getting in the way of your ability to counter my multifaceted defense of mehmet (and of my comparing him to me, which you contested previously.)

I have very little defense for your behavior, if any. I'm lax about rules and procedure, but that doesn't mean you're not engaging in similarly sketch behavior.

Your concerns have been summarily rejected, and you have the audacity to to suggest that such needs no legitimate response, AND THEN GO RIGHT ON WITH THE WITCH HUNT?! What the fuck man? It's bad form, and that's just not cool.

Quote:The fact of the matter is he is about as open to other subjects as the clu-clux clan is to minorities which would be fine if he didn't make a direct effort to sabotage as many discussions as he can get away with and replace them with his own favorate subject. That is what I object to in this instance. Not nationalism, not racism but intentional disruption on a massive scale.

He has 2000 posts, and I have yet to notice any intentional disruption. Hell, I'm hard pressed to see any disruption. He provides his opinion and it is not a popular one. THAT IS THE ISSUE HERE, and I don't think you're blind. You're calling out intentional disruption... and just what are you doing?! Think about it. But don't think too hard, you might give yourself a headache. It feels like a heartache, minus the wrenching and fear that your heart's gonna explode.

Here are examples of his openness to discuss:
http://atheistforums.org/thread-13090-po...#pid291966
http://atheistforums.org/thread-12827-po...#pid289541
http://atheistforums.org/thread-12966-po...#pid288411
http://atheistforums.org/thread-12951-po...#pid288410
http://atheistforums.org/thread-12895-po...#pid287137

His posts are varied. Get your head out of your arse and maybe you'll see that.

Quote:I never claimed to feel a superiority over him, just a distain for those who would intentionally, maliciously and repeatedly destroy any chance of a fresh debate.

Hmmm...

"The lack of content for your arguement kind of speaks for itself, theres very little defence for him if any."

Try again. I'm giving you a fresh debate, please do not intentionally skip by my arguments unless you wish to look hypocritical.

Quote: Say what you will about yourself, I find you a pleasent individual, I've never witnessed you do what he does and I sincerely doubt you've done it 7+ times in a row. Even now you have the basic decency to attempt to speak at least in part on the subject we are discussing instead of shifting to a particular one of your choosing. The randomness you mix in with it is simply endearing, not disruptive.

I've done some pretty bullshit things, Raphiel. Usually happens when I get pissed off (not a particularly easy thing to do).

Once again, read my typical post from the standpoint of a very conservative and reserved individual. It just so happens this forum is particularly populated by generally 'liberal' people... Mehmet's views would largely fit in with a conservative and reserved population. Here they are unpopular. We don't blatantly call out 5th's tendency to turn everything into sex-related bull. You want someone who is confined to a singular topic, and disrupts/derails threads onto that topic... look no further than 5th Horseman's sex talk. Again, that is the environment of this forum, hence it is accepted and even liked.

As demonstrated, Mehmet often discusses the subject(s) of a thread. I can count far more easily the number of times his nationalism is baited out than I can find times when he brought it up out of the blue. And when he does bring it up, it is usually related to the topic in some way.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action - by Violet - May 31, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2630 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 694897 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Petition Poll for username change Foxaèr 17 2272 March 7, 2021 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4431 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What happened to the "Civil Discussion" thread? Angrboda 48 8015 November 19, 2018 at 9:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make the "civil" discussion part of the forum invisible to non members GUBU 54 8577 November 18, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Sad Me no like change. Me sad GUBU 12 1429 September 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Eliminate Automatic Insertion of Horizontal Rule Neo-Scholastic 21 3224 November 29, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Question about latest forum rule Catholic_Lady 29 5058 November 14, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5818 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172