Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 4:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Start Over, I'm Blackrook and I'm Here to Get Some Answers to Important Questions
RE: Let's Start Over, I'm Blackrook and I'm Here to Get Some Answers to Important Questions
There is no cosmic father that loves you, me, the Pope, anybody.
That's tough, but it's true.
How do you fill that?
I can only say how I fill that, which is through being the best human I can be. I meditate. I try and take care of myself through eating well and exercising (and when I don't do it perfectly, I try not to beat myself up about it). I try not to say mean and hurtful things simply to be mean and hurtful. I strive to treat everyone with dignity and respect, basically the way I want to be treated. I embrace my imperfections (not always fully, but there's a learning curve). Basically, I've filled that "need" with self-love and respect, or at least I try to.
Atheism doesn't try to fill any voids. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in god. That's it. There are some who want to make it more cohesive, but there's a lot of resistance to that. It's been said getting atheists to agree to anything is like herding cats, in my experience that is true.
Based on some of the other posts you've made, it comes off like you are not interested in exploring atheism. It seems like you have a lot of views that are directly related to your faith. Until you are ready to question why you, personally, hold those beliefs (holding beliefs simply because some church or priest tells you that's what's "right" or "moral" doesn't stand up in this crowd) than I think you're going to have a tough time coming across as earnestly seeking answers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's Start Over, I'm Blackrook and I'm Here to Get Some Answers to Important Questions - by festive1 - September 26, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So where to start? HansZarkov 29 4792 March 14, 2018 at 7:20 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let me get to know more about you.... KittyAnn 46 6365 November 21, 2017 at 6:52 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Let's Try This Again Definitely Disillusioned 8 2058 July 4, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I guess this is where I start? Outtahere 43 7665 February 15, 2015 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  I'm an atheist and I need answers on islam Iloveporc 8 1458 December 8, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Please let this be better then the other af. Indiveren 46 10539 December 5, 2014 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Mandatory Hi and Let's Get to Business! AllForChrist 8 1961 November 15, 2014 at 7:47 am
Last Post: c172
  Hey everyone looking for a fresh start teslafie 3 1203 July 1, 2014 at 8:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  You lot just let anyone join huh? Revenant77x 28 5710 March 25, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Atheist Dad Seeking Answers Mxwll 41 8286 November 1, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01