Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 3:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Start Over, I'm Blackrook and I'm Here to Get Some Answers to Important Questions
RE: Let's Start Over, I'm Blackrook and I'm Here to Get Some Answers to Important Questions
Blackrook,
Welcome. I am fresh out of 35 years as a Christian. I just recently stopped believing. I can't say that atheism will give you an answer to all your problems, but for me, it was a reality check. I know you said your live is not really worth living if there is nothing to look forward to in the afterlife...

You may be dealt some bad cards in life, but you have a wife and children who love you and need you. They don't need your life insurance money. Yeah, money would make their life easier, but I guarantee they would prefer to have you here on this earth rather than some money. Suicide is not your purpose for being put on this earth.

Besides, most life insurances will not pay for suicide, unless you have an extra suicide clause added on, and these usually have a waiting period, and cost quite a bit (believe me, I've looked into it myself).

If there is an afterlife, great. But we don't know for sure. The one life we know that we have is this one. We have to make the best of it, and enjoy it to the fullest.

Keep searching for answers. I still have lots of questions about Christianity, the Bible, etc... But don't give up on this life! It is all we are guaranteed! Search for your purpose!
- Marc
- Your friendly Air Traffic Control Atheist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's Start Over, I'm Blackrook and I'm Here to Get Some Answers to Important Questions - by AtcAtheist - September 26, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So where to start? HansZarkov 29 4790 March 14, 2018 at 7:20 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let me get to know more about you.... KittyAnn 46 6353 November 21, 2017 at 6:52 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Let's Try This Again Definitely Disillusioned 8 2056 July 4, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I guess this is where I start? Outtahere 43 7627 February 15, 2015 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  I'm an atheist and I need answers on islam Iloveporc 8 1455 December 8, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Please let this be better then the other af. Indiveren 46 10531 December 5, 2014 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Mandatory Hi and Let's Get to Business! AllForChrist 8 1960 November 15, 2014 at 7:47 am
Last Post: c172
  Hey everyone looking for a fresh start teslafie 3 1203 July 1, 2014 at 8:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  You lot just let anyone join huh? Revenant77x 28 5705 March 25, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Atheist Dad Seeking Answers Mxwll 41 8279 November 1, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01