Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 1:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Does Atheism and Left-Wing Politics Usually Go Together?
RE: Why Does Atheism and Left-Wing Politics Usually Go Together?
(September 26, 2012 at 8:59 am)A Theist Wrote: In any event atheism is not as much an issue with me as the radical leftist anti-cultural politics are. Obama is a disgrace and his gentler apporoach of apology and appeasement and snubbing world leaders like Benjamin Netanyahu to get face time on the 'View' and 'Letterman' has led to a foreign policy disaster that includes a 9/11 terrorist attack on our embassy in Lybia which left our ambassador and two embassy staff members dead....re-electing Barack Obama and far left democrats to a second term would be a disaster for this country.

And this is more of the perplexing insanity that comes from the right wing these days.

What policies of "appeasement" and "apology" are these?

Is this where Obama escalated the drone war in Pakistan?

Or are you referring to where Obama successfully killed Bin Laden in an operation that McCain denounced during the 08 campaign as "naive"?

Help me understand when and where he said "I'm sorry" for anything. Maybe he did and I missed it but I have yet to hear conservatives offer anything of substance.

And he provoked the attack on our ambassador in Libya... how again? And please be specific and offer more than "he showed weakness and stuff". And if his policies are responsible for what happened in Libya, are Bush's policies responsible for the Madrid and London bombings of 7/7?

And what would you propose we do in response? Bomb Libya?

(September 27, 2012 at 10:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:In true communism, however, the government is supposed to just fade away. Not sure how that would work...

About as well as capitalism if left to its own devices.

Anyone who thinks any "ism" contains all the answers is simply fooling themselves.

Agreed. That's why I say life's a balance. I believe in regulated capitalism with a strong middle and working class.

You know, like the kind we had during the 50s that the Republicans pine over so much, when the top tax rate was 90%.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Does Atheism and Left-Wing Politics Usually Go Together? - by DeistPaladin - September 30, 2012 at 10:31 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2743 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 8158 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 5386 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 340 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2401 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 853 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 553 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1598 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  [Serious] When you left theism, did you go Left? zwanzig 34 2297 April 22, 2021 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 1084 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal