Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 2:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open letter to my two corporate-whore Senators
RE: Open letter to my two corporate-whore Senators
(December 4, 2012 at 11:21 am)A Theist Wrote: Maybe you see it that way, but I see it being a battle for the culture...a struggle between two philosophies....traditionalists who are struggling to preserve the culture and the neo-leftists who are attempting to overthrow the culture and replace it entirely with a distortion of our culture...

So...BEFORE, it was a struggle between two philosophies, but now it's either "stay exactly as we are" or "CHANGE FUCKING EVERYTHING" complete with a tableflip of rage and frustration?

Strawman, anyone? "We want to legalize gay marriage!" "YOU'RE TRYING TO USURP THE ENTIRE CULTURE!!" Strawman, yup.

Quote:The abolition of slavery, women's suffrage and civil rights issues were corrections to the culture...to be a part of it...unlike the neo-leftists today who are trying to overthrow our culture and replace it entirely.

So the slaveholder part of American history is the exact same as the non-slaveholder part of American history, eh? We are culturally EXACTLY the same?

No, you're right, A_T, we are the exact same culture. The EXACT same culture, except now we don't allow slavery of people with darker skin than we whites have, the entire female gender portion of our population is now treated as equal citizens who are not inferior or subservient to men and are actually allowed to have a voice in the political landscape of the nation, and people of differing "races" can now get married, among many more examples of how this culture is fucking nothing like it used to be. Slavery was such a HUGE cultural deal that it damn near split this country in half! This little incident we call the American Civil War? Yeah...slavery wasn't the ONLY reason, but it was the BIGGEST reason for it. Federal law started saying "you can't own slaves," the southern states who were reliant on slave-labor said "WELL FUCK YOU WE'RE LEAVING." And the North was like "Oh no you don't." A few million deaths later, and the social liberals beat the social conservatives, though they all went by different names and parties in those times than what they are now today.

Oh yeah, that's right, I went there! For all the conservative talk of how social liberals hate America and how we're a bunch of pussies, we sure did one hell of a job keeping it from splitting down the Mason-Dixon line via warfare while the idiots you share a like-mind with back then were eager as fuck to practically destroy it and who got their asses kicked.

This is seriously the stupidest argument you've put forth, A_T. "Defending the culture..." Seriously. Slavery, as I stated before, was a huge god-damn deal. Our country, and ergo, our culture was built on it, and solving the inhumane issue of it literally required war. This wasn't some peaceable amendment to the constitution, some passive altering of the cultural identity, it was something that millions spilled blood over, it was THAT damn ingrained. Don't tell me "neo liberals" are trying to upend our culture as if it's a bad thing because lemme tell ya, it ain't.

This culture is considered to be the most ass-backwards one in the developed world by the rest of the developed world. It has become a foster home for ignorance and intolerance in comparison to the rest of, say, Europe. Our culture is becoming one of "me me me it's all about me" and in some strange correlation to that, our ranking in education, economic advancement, technological innovation, healthcare quality and cost-efficiency, infrastructure, and wealth disparity are dropping like fucking lead weights into the ocean while all the European nations that you neo-cons keep scorning for whatever fucking reason are taking the top spots because they're culturally adapting far faster to the modern world than we are. Oh yes, I'm sure it's great fun to sit there and go "ALL DEM EURO-TRASHES BE A BUNCH'A COMMIES, AIN'T NO FUCKIN' WAY AH'M GONNA BE ONNA DEM HIPPIES!" while your country falls to shit around you because half of it shares the same stupid fucking opinion. Our country isn't falling apart because of the federal deficit. It's falling apart because at a cultural level, the people trying to bring us into the 21st century are having to drag you dead-weights kicking and screaming.

Lemme guess. You think it's "good wholesome American values" that brought us to where we are, right? FAITH AND PATRIOTISM, THEY MAKE EHMURRIKA GREAT, right? No. They didn't. The fact we had an innovative infrastructure [our roads were better than any other nation despite our vast distances...because we taxed the fuck out of the rich to pave these roads, by the way], the fact that we applied the latest technological and social advances towards mass-production, and the fact that we grew more and more accepting of people regardless who they were, the fact that we were the first to offer new opportunities, the fact that we attracted the greatest scientific minds in the world, the fact that we threw so much money into our education system...THAT is what made America great, not these stupid ideas of "marriage sanctity" and the other crap you're trying to defend. The sanctity of marriage means fuck all.

But see, neocons don't think in realms of rationality and logic, they think with their guts, rather than their brains. Big fucking shock that virtually none of the never-gonna-shift Red States have fuck all to offer the country at large. Kentucky, Mississippi, Iowa, Idaho, the Dakotas, Alabama, Arizona, do fucking tell me what these fiscal lepers have to offer the rest of the country other than incurring more fucking debt with their stupid state tax policies that end up making other states dip into their own budgets to cover for them under the federal umbrella? What DO they provide? Some fucking farmland?? Whoop dee fucking doo.

Now I'm sorry if this message comes across as a little angry but I'm getting tired of hearing these dumb-as-shit arguments that make no fucking sense being put forth by the ultraconservatives as if they are reasonable and tangible when they're anything but and if this skewering doesn't give you an idea why they make no sense then feel free to actually try seeing it from the perspective I am arguing from, because I have done it already. I USED to be a republican until I realized the republican social agenda doesn't stack up with anything involving reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open letter to my two corporate-whore Senators - by Creed of Heresy - December 4, 2012 at 12:24 pm
RE: Open letter to my two corporate-whore Senators - by Darth - December 4, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Open Discussion on Russian Identity Leonardo17 10 1178 December 4, 2023 at 11:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2717 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1454 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 972 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  An Open Letter to Congress Secular Elf 14 1057 March 4, 2020 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1822 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  Open borders onlinebiker 263 16207 August 14, 2019 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1083 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dem senators unveil expanded public option for health insurance Aegon 19 3837 April 26, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Two minutes to midnight Jackalope 2 575 January 26, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope