Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 9:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Stephen Hawking boycotts Israeli academic conference
RE: Stephen Hawking boycotts Israeli academic conference
(May 12, 2013 at 11:49 am)Brakeman Wrote:
(May 11, 2013 at 6:01 am)Tiberius Wrote: Do you even know what the word "anti-Semite" means?

I'm fine with Israel existing btw, but disagreeing with their policies doesn't make me an anti-Semite. Disagreeing with them and using them to make racist comments about Jews would. I'm not sure Hawking has done that (Bobby Fischer certainly has).

So, calling someone a filthy (mormon) is not racist.
calling someone a filthy (christian) is not racist.
calling someone a filthy (muslim) is not racist.
calling someone a filthy (buddhist) is not racist.
calling someone a filthy (scientologist) is not racist.
But! Calling someone a filthy (jew) is racist!

OK, I got it.. and by the way, the majority of the jews I've seen are not of semitic ancestry.

Myself I thought the idea that Jews are a race died out in May 1945 with the surrender of Germany. It is odd Jews try to keep that stupid crap alive. Perhaps it is related to ordering nuns to stop meditating on the torture of martyrs. He clearly implied he knew they were getting off on it. It was not god's reward in this life for meditation.

A few years back I read an article by a rabbi where he lamented the fact the young Jews spent more time being anti-christian than in being Jews.

Anyway most all European and American Jews are Ashkenazi from eastern Europe. They are presumably descended from the Khazar converts. The Khazars were pagans caught between Christians and Muslims. Both would attack them. If they picked one of them the other would attack them. But both sides treated Jews much better than any other religion so it was a safe choice to pick judaism for their new religion.

So the story goes the king invited rabbis to come and teach the new religion, people whose names were variations upon Kohen. And today genetic tests find people with that kind of name do have significant middle eastern origins while the rest have little to none.

(May 11, 2013 at 11:30 pm)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote: Targeting Stephen Hawking and Dustin Hoffman: Right-wing 'pro-Israel' advocacy as hate speech Increasingly, the rabid far-right 'pro-Israel' camp is carrying out repulsive, hate-filled attacks on Jews whose most cherished wish is to see a stronger, more democratic Israel. It is time to take a stand

As predicted the ritual condemnation is underway.

Fair use excerpt:

"I have a suggestion," Plaut wrote on Wednesday, in a reference to the wheelchair-bound noted scientist, and to a 1985 incident in which Palestinian gunmen commandeered an Italian cruise ship, murdering a disabled American Jewish passenger and throwing his body overboard:

"I suggest that the people of Israel send Hawking for a free trip on the Achille Lauro!!"

So incitement to murder is the natural response of Jews over such trivia.

Burston of course takes a realistic point of view, that saying things like that are counter productive. They should not be said because it is bad PR for Israel but he goes no further than that.

The rituals must be performed. The curses must be laid.

Two points I missed. Burston raised the issue of incitement to murder with "Plaut's argument, that the proper punishment for boycotting Israel should be execution" in the next unquoted sentence.

Second point is
"His whole computer-based communication system runs on a chip designed by Israel’s Intel team. I suggest that if he truly wants to pull out of Israel he should also pull out his Intel Core i7 from his tablet.”
I have seen this claim and in fact a claim that Israel invented multicore CPUs. One has to ask how people who claim to be so smart can have such a false, stupid, nonsensical idea like this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephen Hawking boycotts Israeli academic conference - by A_Nony_Mouse - May 12, 2013 at 3:25 pm
Poster Boy? - by A_Nony_Mouse - May 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Press Conference Brian37 4 369 January 20, 2021 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Listening to President Trump's Press Conference onlinebiker 12 1567 November 8, 2018 at 10:36 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trumps press conference....eek! Dancefortwo 14 991 September 27, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Stephen Colbert: The Legend of Roy Moore Minimalist 1 438 December 14, 2017 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Elizabeth Warren Last Night With Stephen Colbert Minimalist 4 963 November 21, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Stephen Colbert Works Over Drumpf Minimalist 0 780 January 12, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why is ISIS Worse than the 1948 Israeli State? Rhondazvous 36 5481 August 15, 2016 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1296 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Alqaeda is a U.S., Saudi and Israeli backed organization. I and I 62 13384 December 23, 2013 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Stephen Fry Arguing with Russian Anti-Gay Lawmaker Nine 3 1687 October 18, 2013 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Nine