Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 3:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laws against underage sex need to have more realistic exemptions.
RE: Laws against underage sex need to have more realistic exemptions.
(May 19, 2013 at 11:30 am)Tiberius Wrote: Her Uncle Andrew Gay apparently released the following statement:

Quote:"Many 18-year-old men have also been unjustly prosecuted for dating underage girls in their high schools. We are arguing that it is unfair to expect high school students in the same school not to fraternize. It certainly shouldn't be grounds for criminal prosecution."

From Examiner:

Kaitlyn was a senior and her girlfriend was a freshman. Gay says the family isn’t claiming the age difference isn’t significant; however, the younger student was “enrolled in courses with upper classmen, and played on the same Varsity basketball team as Kate. They were peers in the same social circle with the same friends. I'm not sure age ever entered into either of their minds.”

Finally, it has incorrectly been reported that Kaitlyn Hunt was arrested on her just after her 18th birthday. She actually turned 18 around the same time they began dating and the girl’s parents didn’t press charges until several months later.

If people want to donate to her legal fund, you can do so here: http://www.gofundme.com/2yz5ts

It's all cultural

Afghan Mullah Marries, Kills 8-Year-Old Girl on Wedding Night
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield...ing-night/

A 70-year-old man in Saudi Arabia is disputing claims his new bride is 15 years old, and says her family has ripped him off for the large dowry
http://wqad.com/2013/01/08/70-year-old-m...-year-old/

An 8-year-old boy marries a 61-year-old woman :South Africa
http://thechive.com/2013/03/12/ummm-whaaaa-6-photos/

An Indonesian Muslim cleric who allegedly married a 12-year-old girl and plans to wed another aged 7 and one aged 9
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/129...r-old-girl

Are these marriages okay?

(May 19, 2013 at 12:03 pm)frankiej Wrote: Really? Just because the law says so? You don't bend over to authority that easily do you? I wouldn't really want to screw a 15 year old, because I like my women a bit more mature... like a good whisky, but I wouldn't be one to tell someone else that they can't.

I have to have a good reason to follow a law, not just because the government says so.

because the laws used too say children could marry old men, we changed that if you want too sponsor some kind of global sex movemnt lowering the 24 month requirement in america feel free but state what that age limit should be.....not just well the kid was really intelligent and they loved eachother so just let it happen.... lalalala

(May 19, 2013 at 1:17 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote:
(May 18, 2013 at 11:04 pm)cratehorus Wrote: there has too be a line somewhere....a 17 year old can't have sex with a 3 year old, and a 50 year old (as you mentioned) shouldn't have sex with a 15 year old so where is the line???

Does there?

Why? What are the UNDERLYING REASONS for this? Thinking

because baby fucking isn't cool buddy....its not cool at all

Quote:
Quote:there's also the matter of this "criminal" being the "victim" of a false accusation, let's say they broke up at one point couldn't the 15 year old hold this 18 year old accountable for rape after they break up just as a matter of spite??? what would hold up in court? the testimony of the 15 year old perhaps.........are love notes now considered evidence? if so then there are plenty of teens in relationships with middle aged men (and women) who have such love notes and wouldn't be considered rapists????

so where is the line?

Quote:Funny, isn't that what legal adults do and sometimes manage to land their former lovers in prison for? Thinking Sounds to me like if they don't have solid evidence, they shouldn't be accusing anyone of rape. The day that testimony itself holds up in court is a sad day for all of us.

Those seeking but lines and blind to their reasons... sigh.
they do? you can't accuse someone of rape without a medical examination...statutory rape is different which can just be a confession or evidence of a sexual act

Quote:Or, yknow... they could just keep having sex, like civilized human beings.
no they shouldn't without changing the laws first
Quote:
(May 19, 2013 at 2:32 am)cratehorus Wrote: because the law says no..........some countries says you can fuck a 9 year old but im sure your precious ass thinks that's horrible so............again ................i ask where is the line.....36 months fuck it i really don't care......but follow the laws of your country or face the reprecussions....... simple as that.....unless you wan too be a civil rights leader of the "we want to fuck people 3 years younger than us when they are still in high school" movement

"Because the law says no"?

Argument from authority... really? Cute.
yes this argument from authority....in this case it means i win.... this is not an lgbt issue anymore than nambla or preist fucking

(May 19, 2013 at 2:30 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote:
(May 19, 2013 at 2:32 am)cratehorus Wrote: because the law says no.

'Kay, and why do the laws say no? I want reasoning.

because a bunch of people got together one day and said should the limit be 12 months?... and one person said "no that's too short".... another person stood up and said 36 months .....and someone else said no that's too far apart.... so they settled on 24.....it's called lawmaking and there is a lengthy decision process involved.... c'mon fellas ....the supreme court just legalized sodomy in the US in 2003 can we atleast take baby steps before have official court judges deciding who truly "loves eachother" and who doesn't??

if you guys all want to legalize 70 year old men marrying 6 year old girls that's your opinion........ but good luck getting that passed in any modern court....plenty of countries where this realtionship is perfectly legal....(although since it is a homosexual relationship there might also be some problems with those countries involving decapitation and such)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Laws against underage sex need to have more realistic exemptions. - by cratehorus - May 19, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 1134 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Kellyanne Conway posts nude photo of her underage daughter Rev. Rye 15 1420 January 27, 2021 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 11369 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Can You Guess Which Countries Have More "Women In Parliament" Than The USA? ReptilianPeon 7 1500 July 13, 2018 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws? GODZILLA 24 5018 June 25, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Power of Freedom vs. Hate Speech Laws Mechaghostman2 13 1672 May 1, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Right to Work laws in America Joods 25 2687 April 18, 2018 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8586 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 638 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Conservatives have more self-control John V 248 28002 January 31, 2018 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet