Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thing about choice and laws in the USA
A thing about choice and laws in the USA
Now, to start this off, back during the early days of COVID, there were republicans like Trump who said that people did not have to wear a mask at all. There have also been such politicians who said people did not need to get a vaccine. Then, there was that Supreme Court case where its republican majority ruled in favor of a person refusing to do something marriage related for a gay couple, all because they said the former person had free speech and choice, with that being actually hate speech and a hate-based choice than anything good that can come out of having free choice and free speech.

So, with that, I have been thinking...

I think not only people listen to the wrong people, but the law is not doing their job in the USA. The law is supposed to protect people, and if people are free to choose what they want to do, regardless of if they listen to someone or not, then what is the point of having law and government? It is like letting people make U-turns on the highway in traffic when it is not a good idea. The law and the government are supposed to make sure people are safe, yet today in the USA; politicians who are not even qualified or should not be qualified to say what people should do or not without help from the right people such as doctors; tend to tell people things that are more akin to what they want to hear, which is not really a good thing to do, all because they care about themselves more than they care about others. In other words, the law and the United States government is not doing its job, nowadays. In fact, Trump told people to drink Clorox instead of doing the right things about COVID while he was in office.

Metaphorically, it is like some of the politicians in the USA are being "bad parents" by abusing their power and the trust of the people they rule. That said, what good is power if the politician is not doing their job and abusing their power? People listen to the wrong people who are not even qualified to properly tell them the right things. Not everyone is the smartest man in the world, just because they have a high position in power. In fact, people tend to be gullible, and taking advantage of their trust is not what upholding the law should be about. People having choice cannot exist without government and law, no matter how many people do not like that. Personally, I was told by someone that the law would not exist "if people were good", but being good only does so much. I believe that if people were smarter, more aware and even competent to the right degree, we would not have law, but people and law; whether it is a democracy or something else; are dependent on each other, with the law making sure people are safe.  

People can't always be safe on their own, because if one can take care of themselves, another may not know how to do that and end up endanger others in some way. That is why the law exists, and the government is supposed to exist. Other wise, without the law, there would be anarchy as the founding fathers of the United States of America feared. That said, bad leadership for the sake of caring for oneself and not caring about others is a bad thing to have. There are not too many people who realize all this, it seems, or just want to avoid responsibility for anything, and yet the only thing they are achieving by listening to those not qualified or are not uphold the law is getting taken advantage of. People are said to be stupid, but lying to them and taking advantage of them makes them have an excuse to be even more stupid. Whether it is people who are within the group the politician caring for themselves only or lying to people or people that are part of a group said politicians are against; whether it be a race, way of thinking, etc.; these politicians are putting more people in danger. I have thoughts that more people means more power for any country, and by endangering them, and causing them to do dangerous things or even die, is more harmful to the politicians who take advantage of them, because they are losing people, whether they care or not.

With that said, what do you all think of what I said? I would like to know, so feel free to leave a response. This is something I needed to get off my chest, by the way.
RE: A thing about choice and laws in the USA
As I see it - Laws should be for the greater good. What is happening is laws being made due to pressure from one group or another. It's not a greater good thing any more but a who is the squeakier wheel and able to get their personal agendas pushed through.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

If one's behavior may harm others, I think the government ha a role in regulating that. I therefore think that the government is right in mandating vaccinations and wrong in banning abortions.

@ShinyCrystals

I think most of the issues you raised could be addressed by education and involvement. As to how to achieve that, I haven’t got a clue.

It does no good and much harm when citizens sit on the sidelines, wringing their hands.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 12, 2023 at 7:20 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: @ShinyCrystals

I think most of the issues you raised could be addressed by education and involvement. As to how to achieve that, I haven’t got a clue.

Boru

Neither do I. Though I do still think you are right about that, 100 percent.
Politicians (of any kind) are more interested in gaining more power for themselves and their party than they are in looking after the people who voted them in. They rarely look beyond the next election so any kind of sensible long term planning is impossible.
Sadly I don't see any way out of this situation Sad
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(October 13, 2023 at 3:28 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Politicians (of any kind) are more interested in gaining more power for themselves and their party than they are in looking after the people who voted them in. They rarely look beyond the next election so any kind of sensible long term planning is impossible.
 Sadly I don't see any way out of this situation  Sad

As I told another person, neither did I.

Still, those politicians (of any kind, not just republicans) do not seem to realize that even with power and perhaps diplomatic immunity, they are not immune to any laws that they may have to office while in power. With how the government and law works, they are not supposed to use it for selfish gains (and for people too much like them) and not use their power in ways as if it did not apply to certain kinds of people they don't like as if they did not matter. Sure, they are doing it any, still. Such politicians will try anything to get power and will do anything to keep it. These politicians may not even care about the people that share the same interests as them as much as they care about themselves. They will make attempts at brainwashing and using propaganda to manipulate people, and with that, they are tearing this country apart. Literally.

With the saying "United we stand, divided we fall", I say we are closer to "divided we fall".
The us is at an inflection point. We're being compelled to choose between feudal corporatism, ethnic nationalism, and civic nationalism.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Iranian commanded Attack to USA . AVMXF 47 2544 August 25, 2023 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Sovereign citizen - more Loony Tunes in the USA Ferrocyanide 20 1994 March 20, 2023 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Yellow alert: warning USA in danger Eclectic 105 8024 November 25, 2022 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 935 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Bellwether, is that really a thing? Brian37 8 456 November 3, 2021 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1736 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1294 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why do non english speaking countries call USA for USA Sweden83 9 1120 December 4, 2020 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Aren't Judaism and Aryanism the same thing? Sweden83 63 2706 December 4, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: no one
  Is preserving languages a good thing? FlatAssembler 21 2544 November 4, 2020 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf