Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 5:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I must admit, peanut butter DOES keep me up at night!
RE: I must admit, peanut butter DOES keep me up at night!
Pippy,

I appreciate your post and we mostly agree about our societies relationship with medication but this is a crazy thing to say:
(December 22, 2009 at 9:28 pm)Pippy Wrote: None of the doctors ask that, they just try to medicate. And not medicate for a fixed term, and then see results, but medicate for life.

Doctors and scientists work hard to troubleshoot down to the cause and this statement is just false. When they medicate people they usually talk to them about what they would need to do to get off the medication if that is even an option. For example when a doctor prescribes blood pressure medicine the script will always come with advice about reducing stress, stopping smoking, losing weight, and getting more exercise. There might be some doctors that are in league with the reptilian overlords(sorry something broke in my head when I was reading about the overlords and now I must inject them in every post!) and there tempting money but most people in the medical profession have their heart in the right place.

(December 22, 2009 at 9:28 pm)Pippy Wrote: The way they force parents (or trick them) into drugging children makes me sick, so I would be much more careful about administering drugs to underage people, as their bodies and minds are still in a crucial growing stage.

Yeah! This bugs the shiznizzle out of me too!

(December 22, 2009 at 9:28 pm)Pippy Wrote: I would make an economy that functioned, that the bottom line was quality of life, not profit over all else.

Um, by doing what? Pressing the, "Economy work now." button? Methinks you need to be more specific when describing how to fix the economy.

(December 22, 2009 at 9:28 pm)Pippy Wrote: No-thing- does have intrinsic value. Medicine is medicine (which is drugs), but there is evil (or good) value in human actions and human interactions. If a tornado kills my friends, to me that becomes and evil tornado. The wind just is, but it's involvement in my life makes me name it one way or another.

I get what you are saying, but I would say you should ditch words like good, bad, and evil because they really add no value except as a rhetorical device to signal to the reader how you feel about something.

Ok, so now the bad news. Your post was still just a rant about how broke things are and there was the same hysterical rhetoric I've come to know you by. It is one thing to say, "I have a knife that won't even slice through a tomato." or "The knife needs to work better." (both are just different forms of complaining about the problem) and quite another to say, "You need a sharpener to hone the blade." or "The blade is too chipped to be sharpened so you will need a new knife. You can buy one at Excalibur in the mall; I would suggest you buy a Kershaw blade because they provide free sharpening for life." (Both statements provide a solution."

This is the real solution to what ails the planet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Thank you for your time,
Rhizo

PS I actually DO have a gang of ideas about how to improve society but I will wait until you punt out a servicable idea of your own.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I must admit, peanut butter DOES keep me up at night! - by Rhizomorph13 - December 26, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Maher - Last Night Minimalist 16 1789 April 9, 2018 at 11:20 am
Last Post: henryp
  You Have To Give Saturday Night Live Credit Minimalist 0 373 October 22, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  HBO's Biggest Sunday Night Show returns 2/12 SteelCurtain 2 849 January 18, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Stephen Colbert Already Shaklng Up Late Night Minimalist 4 1003 October 2, 2015 at 5:33 pm
  Bill Maher Last Night - Gay Wedding Cake Minimalist 0 1020 April 11, 2015 at 1:21 pm
  Man saves ducks, MUST WATCH! Brian37 10 2640 September 1, 2014 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bill Maher last night.... Minimalist 3 1655 May 18, 2014 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Fright Night remake WTF? The Grand Nudger 2 1473 August 19, 2011 at 12:30 pm
  All night Long by Reverend Jeremiah reverendjeremiah 7 2338 March 4, 2011 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Keep your eye on the ball Eilonnwy 3 1422 August 12, 2010 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13