Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 9:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Problem of Imperfect Revelation: Your Thoughts?
RE: The Problem of Imperfect Revelation: Your Thoughts?
(July 16, 2013 at 2:23 pm)genkaus Wrote:
(July 16, 2013 at 2:14 pm)Godschild Wrote: Why don't you use what the scriptures actually refer to, omniscience, omnipotent and omnipresent. You can not find the word benevolent used to describe God any where in the Bible. I'm not saying God was not benevolent, benevolence is a part of love. However God is not referred to as omnilove, why, because He says there are things He hates ie. sin. If God was omnibenevolent why do you limit Him to only two of what He is, could it be you have to take something away from Him to satisfy your disbelief. To me that's being dishonest. But just to satisfy you I pick A+B the scriptures point to it.

Well, its just your subjective interpretation of the bible that says that god is not omni-benevolent. Other Christians read the bible and seem to interpret omnibenevolence just fine.

Why don't you do as I did and find out who is correct, read it. Then you're no different than any other nonbeliever, you'll accept anything that supports your hate for Christianity, it doesn't matter to you where the truth is. When young earth Creationist don't agree with your science you insist they read about it and don't say you don't many web sites have been referred to for us to read.

(July 16, 2013 at 2:37 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote:
(July 16, 2013 at 2:14 pm)Godschild Wrote: Why don't you use what the scriptures actually refer to, omniscience, omnipotent and omnipresent. You can not find the word benevolent used to describe God any where in the Bible.

Our Lord Yahweh isn't omnipotent or omnipresent either, if you bothered to read the passages of scripture I quoted earlier. It's only in the NT that he gets to be omnipotent, and even these parts are more hyperbolic words of praise than descriptions of Yahweh's actions. Yahweh demonstrates his limitations in the OT.

The only alternative is to think that Yahweh leveled up as a deity and achieved the "omnipotence" class ability upon reaching 20th level.

Dumb ass phony Christian!

You should read the Genesis account, God also named every star and only an omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent God could create an entire universe.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Problem of Imperfect Revelation: Your Thoughts? - by Godschild - July 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on Courtly love (aka platonic love) Macoleco 16 1340 September 11, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Thoughts of Reason Foxaèr 22 1694 October 25, 2020 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Sal
Lightbulb Some thoughts I felt compelled to share with anyone willing to listen, entheogen 22 3013 September 17, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: entheogen
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 8341 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How our thoughts are formed? givepeaceachance 29 4360 May 24, 2018 at 5:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  My thoughts on the Hard problem of consciousness Won2blv 36 5723 February 15, 2017 at 7:27 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Thoughts RozKek 17 2628 April 25, 2016 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Ethics Class Homework Assignments: Critiques, Thoughts... Thanks! Mudhammam 6 2666 July 5, 2015 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Your personal take on “The Problem of Evil?” XK9_Knight 99 20226 September 8, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  describing the "collaboration" of parts; thoughts on spacetime Coffee Jesus 2 877 May 28, 2014 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Coffee Jesus