Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 8:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong?
RE: Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong?
(August 18, 2013 at 6:32 pm)Darwinian Wrote: But I would never tell you how nasty spaghetti is. Why would you assume I would. Speaking as a person of course!

That is great! And I appreciate it.

But ultimately, speaking atheistically, the Christian is no better or worse off than the atheist because they both die and are no more and while they live, they both determine what is meaningful to them because they are the ones that determine what is meaningful.

One finds meaning in life by living according to ©, and another finds meaning in life according to (A).

Both © and (A) are simply preferences or opinions of homo sapiens who are what they are because nature determined they should be that way by giving them a certain physiology. The Christian and the atheist are fundamentally the same. There might be an ever so slight variation somewhere in their brain or cerebral cortex which causes them to be more prone to believing in God than the atheist, but they both are simply a collocation of atoms arranged homo sapien wise.

They live for a moment and then die, to be replaced by others that come after them who too will die in a cycle until the world itself ceases to exist.

(August 18, 2013 at 6:34 pm)Maelstrom Wrote:
(August 18, 2013 at 6:30 pm)discipulus Wrote: Speaking atheistically of course.

Except that bigotry wrapped in flowery language is still bigotry.

I understand that you think I am a bigot. And believe me, I want you to know that you are entitled to believe that. Many may feel the same way. Many may agree with you.

Many will disagree with you.

But looking at it from where I sit and assuming for the moment no God exists to judge us or hold us ultimately accountable for our actions, and since we ourselves determine what is meaningful, the bigot may find meaning in life by being a bigot, while you on the other hand find meaning in life by being kind and understanding.

Both you and the bigot, however, are simply dancing to your DNA. The tune is played and we act. No one is either above us or beneath us. No one ultimately better or worse off than we.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong? - by discipulus - August 18, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 10204 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2855 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33854 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42715 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 18006 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 84145 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3667 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1448 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "Don't take away people's hope" Brian37 96 10370 August 8, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1197 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus