Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 4:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong?
RE: Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong?
(August 20, 2013 at 5:36 pm)discipulus Wrote: Exactly!

Now you're getting it!

I got it way before you did.

(August 20, 2013 at 5:36 pm)discipulus Wrote: Everything you just said, I will take as your opinion, and I do heartily thank you for sharing it with me.

Even if I agreed that everything you said was somehow objectively true, it still ultimately makes not a whit of difference. You, myself, and everyone else that has ever lived share the same destiny. Yes even the serial pedophile and the worst possible person that your imagination can conjure up all share the same destiny. Your "objective values" will not preserve your life beyond the grave. And since I determine what is meaningful to me, your opinion counts for absolutely nothing because none of what you say is meaningful to me.

Your posts amount to nothing more than you telling me you like a Bic Mac and a Large Fry.

I like a Whopper with cheese and a small fry with a coke.

Take it any way you like - it wouldn't change the fact that what I said is objectively true.

Your destiny concerns your life - not any imagined life after death. Which is why me, you or the serial pedophile do not share the same destiny. My objective values are not meant to preserve life beyond grave, they are meant to preserve life before it. And since my choice of values actually do that, they end up being more relevant and meaningful than yours. Which is why though you may choose what is meaningful to you, even then there would be a right choice and a wrong choice.

You may disregard these statements as my "opinion" the same way you may disregard reality and tell yourself that you are on first class flight to London. Everyone else, however, knows that you are just on a fast track to stupidtown.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong? - by genkaus - August 20, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 10104 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2830 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33766 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42283 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17940 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 83768 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3651 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1440 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "Don't take away people's hope" Brian37 96 10313 August 8, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1186 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus