Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 5:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong?
RE: Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong?
(September 8, 2013 at 9:43 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(September 8, 2013 at 5:26 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: Hi nice guy why do you feel its justified for a majority of humans to go to hell so that you and your brethren can go to heaven and be 'rewarded'?

No one has to go to heaven in order for others to go to hell, no one has to go to hell in order for others to go to heaven. Scriptures do not teach this ever, it's only your deluded opinion, which in IMO shows how little you learned about scriptures when you supposedly where in church.

Heyyyyy you're not the nice guy! Thinking

In any case, your response is not a defense in any way shape or form. There's a heaven, there's a hell. The bible says a MAJORITY of humans will go to hell. ETERNAL TORMENT. Just so why? So god can have his forevermore buddies by rewarding them for doing what he wants them to do.
You don't make sense to me, but maybe you don't make sense to you. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, why is this reasoning not applicable?

godschild Wrote:
missluckie26 Wrote:There are no winners without losers, after all.

You act like this is a game and it may be to you, but in the end you will see it's as real as it gets, everyone will be held accountable for their sin.

Out of all the people playing games in this match, it's you. You know you're in it to win it and take that narrow path to the pearly gates, so to speak. You live your life by this path. Me, I don't. I'm not playing games. I'm just trying to live. You're the one in an ATHEIST forum, telling me I'll be judged for my disbelief. Oh it's very much a game to you.
Do you fantasize about where in the hierarchy of the new Kingdom you will be placed? Or think about how many riches in heaven you've accumulated? For that matter, why do you feel special because you're one of gods children?

godschild Wrote:
missluckie26 Wrote:How can you justify an eternal punishment for a finite crime and why does it make sense to you that you were born into an inherited crime? that's like waking up and owing a mortgage on a house you don't even own!

No one has inherited sin, we inherit the potential to sin, we have a desire to sin before the Holy Spirit comes into our lives.
Sin is infinite if it's not forgiven, sin against an eternal God is eternal, this is a basic understanding in Christianity, how did you miss this when you were in church.

Now I know you're playing. That or you didn't read your own bible.

THEBIBLE Wrote:

Christian Johnathan Edwards Wrote:If all mankind, as soon as ever they are capable of reflecting, and knowing their own moral state, find themselves wicked, this proves that they are wicked by nature.

Death only comes upon those who have sinned. Since infants die, they therefore must be sinners. It could be objected that Christ was sinless, and yet He died. But He willingly gave up His life, and He did it to conquer the curse of death that we were under. In fact, God imputed to Christ our sins on the cross, and Christ died in punishment of those sins.

Ephesians 2:2 says that all people who are not in Christ are "sons of disobedience." Ephesians 2:3 also establishes this, saying that we are all "by nature children of wrath." If we are all "by nature children of wrath," it can only be because we are all by nature sinners--for God does not direct His wrath towards those who are not guilty. God did not create the human race sinful, but upright. But we fell into sin and became sinful due to the sin of Adam.

Genesis 8:21
"...the intent of man's heart is evil from his youth."

"The word translated youth, signifies the whole of the former part of the age of man, which commences from the beginning of life. The word in its derivation, has reference to the birth or beginning of existence...so that the word here translated youth, comprehends not only what we in English most commonly call the time of youth, but also childhood and infancy."

--Jonathan Edwards, The Great Christian Doctrine of Original Sin Defended in The Works of Jonathan Edwards Volume I, pp. 143-233.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong? - by Mystical - September 8, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 10016 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2809 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33725 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42196 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17851 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 83552 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3640 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1440 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "Don't take away people's hope" Brian37 96 10273 August 8, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1185 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus