Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 6:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archaeological Report on Magen and Peleg's Dig at Qumran
RE: Archaeological Report on Magen and Peleg's Dig at Qumran
(December 6, 2013 at 9:49 pm)Aractus Wrote:
(December 6, 2013 at 9:37 am)dcamp67 Wrote: Ahh the ancient Jews, they were so dutiful in preserving the items touched and used DIRECTLY by their god. Tell me, if you "received" tablets (even replacements) or had a box that "housed" the glory of your tribes god, would you ever lose it? I think it would be handed down to the succeeding generations of believers with fanatical attention to it's preservation.
The Holy Temple was taken and destroyed, the contents plundered and destroyed on more than one occasion - this included the Temple Scrolls!

The Masoretic Text was preserved by using private copies that Rabbi's had. Once it had been written, it became the standard text - ie Rabbi's could view it to compare it to their copies and make corrections - just as had been the case with the ancient Temple Scrolls.

You didn't answer the questions. Predictable. If you want me to answer your questions and give then due thought, then I demand the same. Answer the questions or you prove yourself to be a proselytizing intellectual fraud posing as a reasoned debator.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archaeological Report on Magen and Peleg's Dig at Qumran - by dcamp67 - December 11, 2013 at 11:28 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting archaeological find in Turkey Minimalist 15 2729 October 14, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Significant Archaeological Find in Jerusalem...or Was It "Aelia Capitolina?" Minimalist 2 1114 October 21, 2014 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sealed Jar Found at Qumran Minimalist 1 1334 December 18, 2010 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus