Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 6:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Medicine (Hint: This is NOT really medicine)
RE: Alternative Medicine (Hint: This is NOT really medicine)
(March 11, 2014 at 8:40 pm)Bad Writer Wrote:
(March 11, 2014 at 8:33 pm)Beccs Wrote: Don't even get me started on homeopathy and aromatherapy.

[Image: popcorn-02-stephen-colbert.gif]

My ex-wife (don't worry, I'm not talking about the one in the story) actually swore by aromatherapy, but I took everything she said with a grain of salt. She really didn't understand much of anything, to be honest, and since it was generally harmless crapola, I just rolled with it for the most part.

Not sure if I find it truly harmless.

People with real illnesses are going to these people and being charged a LOT of money for a "treatment" that does them no good.

Now, if they're not ill and they want to see these people, that's fine. Or if they see them at the same time as seeing an actual doctor, no problem.

I have actually encountered people who have stopped seeing doctors and gone to see these charlatans.

I equate them to faith healers.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative Medicine (Hint: This is NOT really medicine) - by The Valkyrie - March 11, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Americans spend $30 billion annually on alternative medicine Fake Messiah 26 4947 November 11, 2016 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas